• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Beer thread, what you drinkin..

Scrappy

I've had quite a few of Northern Monks beers over the past year or so, quite enjoyed most of them!

Just poured myself a glass of this Double Bastard, a favorite for sure!
61-CD68-CD-F8-DB-48-D1-A646-4-E82-FFA46-D3-F.jpg
Man for some reason groceries stopped selling bombers in my area. I miss buying a few of strong beer and drinking from the yuge bottles ha

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Man for some reason groceries stopped selling bombers in my area. I miss buying a few of strong beer and drinking from the yuge bottles ha
It's that everybody is switching to Aluminum. I agree. Glass really tastes better. I don't care how many pros tell me that the new cans are sealed and all that sh!t... it's f'ing BUNK! A good Keg tastes different from a bottle which tastes different than a can. Which means they are coming from different facilities or different batches... either way, if it's that noticeable, you've got manufacturing problems and horrible batch consistency!

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
It's that everybody is switching to Aluminum. I agree. Glass really tastes better. I don't care how many pros tell me that the new cans are sealed and all that sh!t... it's f'ing BUNK! A good Keg tastes different from a bottle which tastes different than a can. Which means they are coming from different facilities or different batches... either way, if it's that noticeable, you've got manufacturing problems and horrible batch consistency!
Or that the different processing for each container type is changing the flavour, not the container itself. Carbonation level and pasteurisation temperature profile perhaps? Or even just bias from sighted tasting? It's certainly true that there are brewers with terrible consistency though - in which case it's a lottery no matter the container.

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Or that the different processing for each container type is changing the flavour, not the container itself. Carbonation level and pasteurisation temperature profile perhaps? Or even just bias from sighted tasting? It's certainly true that there are brewers with terrible consistency though - in which case it's a lottery no matter the container.
Fair enough.

But...

Fcuk Aluminum.

:)

Scrappy

Aha I do often buy the 19.2oz cans of hi test.

Honken

Do you base this opinion of yours on a sighted comparison? ;-)

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Russian River
Shadow Of A Doubt
Imperial Porter
9.6% ABV

This would be outstanding if lightly barreled in a bourbon or rye cask. With a scoop or two of Vanilla Ice Cream. :p

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Anchor Brewing Seasonal Special Ale.

Before reading the description, I would have defined this release as a Dry Brown Ale / hard ginger beer. It's not a strong ginger spice, but somehow in the profile I get a slight gingery "heat" from this. Reading the above link, I get it. As the beer sits and warms some, the flavors are coming out more and the nuance in this brew is pretty stunning.

Top Bottom