• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Beta Test: Multitone Loopback Analyzer software

Sokel

Master Contributor
I *think* that Log Chirps don't appear in the Freq response window.
Measuring with multitone 32 signal,etc does.

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Rantapossu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
@Rantapossu , you may also want to check the latest update. The scientific notation axis labels in Waveform plot should now be fixed.

Yep, it's fixed! Thanks!

It still stacks the unit texts however (The second item I reported before):
There seems to be something wrong with the displaying of the vertical units on the Waveform -graph...

View attachment 366079

Like this:

1714339428358.png

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
One more minor update to v1.1.11: https://app.box.com/s/ue7ll9xmvwogst817x2l1xg09opvgy47

• Fixes the Y-axis label overlap on Waveform plot
  • Fixes the discontinuity at the end of a Native DSD measurement
  • Fixes an issue with the final measurement results not being computed properly when the preview option is turned off in settings

Guy.Cohen

One more minor update to v1.1.11: https://app.box.com/s/ue7ll9xmvwogst817x2l1xg09opvgy47

• Fixes the Y-axis label overlap on Waveform plot
  • Fixes the discontinuity at the end of a Native DSD measurement
  • Fixes an issue with the final measurement results not being computed properly when the preview option is turned off in settings
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the latest version.
A question, maybe the answer is known.
A measurement that is done with calibration file, is saved in the history.
However, most of the time when upload from history MTA does not use the calibration file
to calculate. Sometimes it does, most of the time not.
Of course, I am upload the calibration file into the right place, and ask to recalculate with the appropriate switch (Icon),
but it does not help. Maybe there is a different way, maybe I am doing something wrong.

Best,
Guy

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the latest version.
A question, maybe the answer is known.
A measurement that is done with calibration file, is saved in the history.
However, most of the time when upload from history MTA does not use the calibration file
to calculate. Sometimes it does, most of the time not.
Of course, I am upload the calibration file into the right place, and ask to recalculate with the appropriate switch (Icon),
but it does not help. Maybe there is a different way, maybe I am doing something wrong.

Best,
Guy

Hi Guy,

Calibration file must be in the same spot on the disk as when the original measurement was taken. That's where MTA will look for it when displaying history entries. Don't replace the calibration file or rename it, as then MTA will not find it. I'm using calibration files now for a lot of my measurements, and I've not seen a case where calibration was not applied for history records.

Guy.Cohen

Thanks, I will recheck.
I don't think I changed the location or name of the file or the measurements but I will check.
I let it do everything automatic.

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks, I will recheck.
I don't think I changed the location or name of the file or the measurements but I will check.
I let it do everything automatic.
If you can find a pattern that causes this, let me know. I'm not sure how to reproduce this - it works every time when I try it.

Guy.Cohen

If you can find a pattern that causes this, let me know. I'm not sure how to reproduce this - it works every time when I try it.
OK, the following cause my issue: If I open the history window (watch icon) there is a difference if I double click on the requested measurement or check the vee check of the measurement and then ask MTA to recalculate. If I check the vee and ask to recalculate then it is using the calibration file
and everything as it should be. If I double click on the measurement it does not take into account the calibration file, even if I ask to recalculate.

Guy.Cohen

One more, I notice that to install some version of MTA (e.g., the latest) I need to first remove the previous installation (otherwise can't install).
Sometimes it works without removing, your installation process taking care for everything.
However, it does not bother at all.

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
One more, I notice that to install some version of MTA (e.g., the latest) I need to first remove the previous installation (otherwise can't install).
Sometimes it works without removing, your installation process taking care for everything.
However, it does not bother at all.
Sorry about that. I keep the version number the same for all the preview/testing versions, which requires uninstall/reinstall. When I post a link to a box.com download, that's a preview version. I usually describe it as such. When I release a new version officially (on the Multitone website), that is normally assigned a new version number and will update previous versions automatically.

Guy.Cohen

Yes, of course, that what I guessed. Anyway it doesn't disturb at all.
Did you succeed to recover my glitch I have with opening offline measurement with calibration file (double click or check vee described above).
After one time I open from the check, and it uses the calibration file, it looks like it doesn't have more problem. I can double click and it will compute using calibration.

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
OK, the following cause my issue: If I open the history window (watch icon) there is a difference if I double click on the requested measurement or check the vee check of the measurement and then ask MTA to recalculate. If I check the vee and ask to recalculate then it is using the calibration file
and everything as it should be. If I double click on the measurement it does not take into account the calibration file, even if I ask to recalculate.
No, I'm afraid I still can't reproduce. Checking an item or double-clicking an item appears to always use the calibration file for me.

Top Bottom