• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Beta Test: Multitone Loopback Analyzer software

Metazoa

Strange, but doesn't seem like anything that I can reproduce. Do the other plots (waveform or log time) show anything captured? Spectrogram?
Maybe upload the settings file you're using from C:\ProgramData\Multitone Analyzer\_MultitoneDefault.dw
Yes, waveform, log time and spectrogram is OK.
No, uploading the default settings did not help.
"Fit all data" - I did this of course. Without effect.

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
No, uploading the default settings did not help.
"Fit all data" - I did this of course. Without effect.
Sorry, I meant post your actual settings file here, attach it to a message, so I can try it. Other than some corrupted setting, I can't think of anything that could cause this. You may need to put into a zip archive, if a .dw extension is not supported by this forum software.

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
OK, this is the settings file.

Thanks! I see the issue. I'll check why this isn't working later, but for now, just disable the ASD/√Hz option to display X-axis in Hz, instead:

1703023073128.png

andy3d

Could someone help me figure out, how can I fix in Multitone Test Plan a vertical (dB) and horizontal (Hz) axis scales ? I see that can do it manualy after each measurements (using pause). But is it possible to fix it in the plan ? I can see under Chart "Index At (Hz)" and "Index to (dB)" set default to 0, and under Base Test "Display Low (Hz)" and "Display High (Hz)" but changing it does not restrict the visibility on X axis.

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Could someone help me figure out, how can I fix in Multitone Test Plan a vertical (dB) and horizontal (Hz) axis scales ? I see that can do it manualy after each measurements (using pause). But is it possible to fix it in the plan ? I can see under Chart "Index At (Hz)" and "Index to (dB)" set default to 0, and under Base Test "Display Low (Hz)" and "Display High (Hz)" but changing it does not restrict the visibility on X axis.
Index is a way to adjust the vertical position of the plot. It says that multiple captures on the same plot should align (be indexed at) a specified frequency and to specified level (dB). For example, if you want all the overlaid plots to align to 0dBFS at 1kHz.

Actual zoom levels can't be set for individual charts in the test plan. For this, I just use 'pause after' option which shows the plot before it's saved. At this point, you can set the desired zoom level, and then continue from there.

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
A preview version v1.1.0 is now available for testing: https://app.box.com/s/ue7ll9xmvwogst817x2l1xg09opvgy47

The main change in this version is the addition of the turntable (LP) analysis tab with wow, flutter, peak and RMS, deviation, and drift calculations. Enable this in Settings (normally it's not shown):

1703823714502.png

Once enabled, you can drop a recording of a sine wave test signal (usually 3.15kHz, but can also be at 3kHz or 1kHz). Make sure it's at least 25-30 seconds or more for proper analysis.

You can drop the file directly on the LP plot. The analysis will be shown at the top right of the plot:
1703824028537.png

The LP plot itself represents frequency drift error (in %) for individual frequencies.

This is still work in progress, but I'd like to get some feedback how useful this is, and what other analysis you'd like to see related to turntable testing.

Rantapossu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
A preview version v1.1.0 is now available for testing: https://app.box.com/s/ue7ll9xmvwogst817x2l1xg09opvgy47

The main change in this version is the addition of the turntable (LP) analysis tab with wow, flutter, peak and RMS, deviation, and drift calculations. Enable this in Settings (normally it's not shown):

View attachment 337805

Once enabled, you can drop a recording of a sine wave test signal (usually 3.15kHz, but can also be at 3kHz or 1kHz). Make sure it's at least 25-30 seconds or more for proper analysis.

You can drop the file directly on the LP plot. The analysis will be shown at the top right of the plot:
View attachment 337808

The LP plot itself represents frequency drift error (in %) for individual frequencies.

This is still work in progress, but I'd like to get some feedback how useful this is, and what other analysis you'd like to see related to turntable testing.

Thanks!

Unfortunately it seems to give an error after every measurement:

1703911804046.png

It happens just after all the data is recorded and MT starts to process the result.

I tried with 3 computers, using with both a full stop and a comma as a seperator. Even with the default MT settings, it happens every time...

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks!

Unfortunately it seems to give an error after every measurement:

View attachment 338143

It happens just after all the data is recorded and MT starts to process the result.

I tried with 3 computers, using with both a full stop and a comma as a seperator. Even with the default MT settings, it happens every time...

Ah, yes, I added another variable for constructing the title or as part of the results output, {measuredFile} that contains the name of the file being measured. When a file is not measured, it is left empty and wasn't handled correctly. This should be fixed here:

https://app.box.com/s/ue7ll9xmvwogst817x2l1xg09opvgy47

Rantapossu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Ah, yes, I added another variable for constructing the title or as part of the results output, {measuredFile} that contains the name of the file being measured. When a file is not measured, it is left empty and wasn't handled correctly. This should be fixed here:

https://app.box.com/s/ue7ll9xmvwogst817x2l1xg09opvgy47

That did the trick!

A minor observation: If you don't use the dropping and use the normal recorder button instead, the blank file name is still there and MT gives a "not so pretty" title for the LP tab:

1703958141998.png

Works ok, if you just drop the file:

1703958353520.png

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

andy3d

Hi Paul
a small bug in scaling of the graph taken from History. Seems X and Y scaling is divided by 3, when graph is taken from history and shown in the Freq Sweep window :)
I also encountered other issues with proper scaling when showing results from history, but it could be potentially also related to this bug.
Andy

1704385138434.png

Balle Clorin

Major Contributor
tried to LP option for wow and flutter eng get ths after aloong delay.
1704398876905.png

But tried drag and drop and it works!!, Fantastic , It could be useful with an option for frequency scaøe to 500 or 1000hz to see more arm resonances
1704399065549.png

Balle Clorin

Major Contributor
, and what other analysis you'd like to see related to turntable testing.
Many thank for a super tool. Maybe an addition can be a plot of speedvariation vs time, as audacity W&F addin does? .
Something like this?

Attachments

• IMG_1716.png
    IMG_1716.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:

morillon

Major Contributor
as a reminder, it does not only concern turntables but also tape-cassette players etc ...
but also, the demand for balke clorin is very fair...
(Could you just explain the organization in the time of your measure? 15s of stabilization and 15s of measurements? etc ;-) )

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Many thank for a super tool. Maybe an addition can be a plot of speedvariation vs time, as audacity W&F addin does? .
Something like this?

Yes, I actually have that type of plot already, just didn't turn it on. Does a polar plot make it easier or harder to see these types of speed variations? I suspect harder...

morillon

Major Contributor
polar requires more practice (but allows you to observe many more things..but a simple linear already provides many services ) ;-)

Last edited:
Top Bottom