• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buchardt Audio SUB10

OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Does is come with a high pass filter?
It would make a lot of sense considering both XLR inputs and outputs this does have.
But I'm assuming I could have resolved that had I had my mic and REW at the time?
Any sub, whatever it is, has to be measured to be crossed and EQed properly, so... yes. ;)

Sokel

Master Contributor
Which Hypex has 1200 watt peaks?
NC 1200?Thought it has higher than that.
That's what this plate amp is based to?

Edit:No,NC1200 is 1200 watt at 2 Ohm,has to be NC2k or something in between.

Sokel

Master Contributor
Doesn't state the impedance. So it "could" be that one : 400W8R, 1200W2R. But considering the final price of the whole sub, it would be very unlikely.
That's what I thought too judging by the IEC inlet.
The big ones >NC1200 usually use the C20 one.
I think they must revise this spec.

D

Deleted member 48726

Does is come with a high pass filter? The specs only mention a low pass filter. I currently feed my Kef KC62 using the line out from the WiiM Pro Plus and then use the high pass filter settings on the sub to only feed the amp 80hz+.

Also, it mentions room correction but not parametric eq. So what is the room correction capability if it doesn't have parametric eq?

Also, would a 10" sub be too much for a smallish 3.6m x 3.6m room? I tried the SVS SB2000 Pro in my room and it created some very big modes. The Kef KC62 and SVS 3000 Micro had no such issues. But I'm assuming I could have resolved that had I had my mic and REW at the time?
You answer your own question! :) First; you can't have a too large sub. Just like you can't have too much power. You just don't exploit the capabilities fully. IR to theSB2000 in your room it seems like it was the only one powerful enough to actually activate your room resonance(s) enough to be clearly audible. It could easily be remedied by going into the SVS app and cutting down via. EQ where you measured your room mode(s).

D

Deleted member 48726

That's 25l, really small for a 10" sub.
For comparison:
SVS 3000 Micro: 22.4l
Neumann KH 750: 44.4l

It seems to have a balanced crossover built in too which very few non-studio subs have. With the DSP functions and wireless connectivity and all, this seems a pretty good deal actually. If it gets anywhere close to its specs which would require 15.5mm excursion. Quite a bit for a 10" woofer but not out of the ordinary.
I expect a whole lot of distortion from this one. And DSP compression at the lower extension to boot. Physics can't be cheated.

Doesn't state the impedance. So it "could" be that one : 400W8R, 1200W2R. But considering the final price of the whole sub, it would be very unlikely.
Why not?

The bulk deal Buchardt made would in all likelihood have been with a discount.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Buchardt bundle thier powered speakers with the for example Primare prisma SC15 at a reduced price

It has wisa and EQ and the possibilities to combined a normal sub with wise speakers

Or the platin wisa hub .

A bit cheaper but it also offers room EQ via DSP

Scroll,down for comparison

C0mbat

You answer your own question! :) First; you can't have a too large sub. Just like you can't have too much power. You just don't exploit the capabilities fully. IR to theSB2000 in your room it seems like it was the only one powerful enough to actually activate your room resonance(s) enough to be clearly audible. It could easily be remedied by going into the SVS app and cutting down via. EQ where you measured your room mode(s).
I half get you on this. But I can very clearly hear the difference with the SVS 3000 Micro and the Kef KC62 to. Both sound amazing in my room. But I do get that maybe the SVS SB2000 Pro also had the potential to sound amazing, and maybe better, if I had done more with the eq to make it work. I might try this sub on the 45 day trial and see whether eq can make it work well.

That brings me to my other question though. Does the SUB10 have peq to fine tune the bumps that cause the modes?

YSC

Major Contributor
Does is come with a high pass filter? The specs only mention a low pass filter. I currently feed my Kef KC62 using the line out from the WiiM Pro Plus and then use the high pass filter settings on the sub to only feed the amp 80hz+.

Also, it mentions room correction but not parametric eq. So what is the room correction capability if it doesn't have parametric eq?

Also, would a 10" sub be too much for a smallish 3.6m x 3.6m room? I tried the SVS SB2000 Pro in my room and it created some very big modes. The Kef KC62 and SVS 3000 Micro had no such issues. But I'm assuming I could have resolved that had I had my mic and REW at the time?
from what I asked in their email it seems like they have a high pass filter.

sajgre

I have ordered 2 for my A700. Even though my living room is big I love their small design. If I put them close to my listening position they should fill 20 to 60hz nicely.

OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That's what I thought too judging by the IEC inlet.
The big ones >NC1200 usually use the C20 one.
I think they must revise this spec.
This is the amp plate from Platin :
1000024701.png

Sokel

Master Contributor
This is the amp plate from Platin :
View attachment 342778
Platin uses Hypex modules?
Didn't know that,thanks!

C0mbat

from what I asked in their email it seems like they have a high pass filter.
What email is that. Can you share the whole email with us please?

It's weird that they listed the LPF in their specs sheet and not a HPF. If they have one but haven't mentioned it then it's a bit amateurish.

Top Bottom