• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buckeye Amps 2024 News and Upcoming Products

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Happy New Year to everyone!
With a new year comes new products, revisions, and overall updates designed to keep Buckeye Amps going in the right direction for the audio community.

1) One of the biggest updates you can check out right now is our brand new website! It is still the same domain (www.buckeyeamp.com) but with the help of Andrew Randall there is now more creative freedom since we have moved away from Squarespace hosting.

2) There will be some minor revisions to cases that will roll out slowly over the first 4-6 months. Nothing major as the case will remain the same two part Aluminum shell from Protocase...more so will be updating vent slot cutout design, incorporating new binding posts once they are done being manufactured, and adding a more user friendly appearance to the rear panels.

3) The 2ch Integrated is still coming along. The plan is still to release the basic Integrated offering first, with the ability to add in an expansion card later on for more advanced features (Dirac, DAC, etc). More details will be coming later this month.

4) We are already working on incorporating the new Purifi 1ET9040BA into our lineup. It will be offered as a monoblock configuration only at this time and we hope to be ready for builds when Purifi has stock of the modules in hand (Spring 2024).

5) We are also adding the Hypex NC2k to our lineup (monoblock only). This will likely be ready for builds in Spring 2024 as well.

6) We made a few price adjustments, mostly in the form of price reductions in our effort to keep the performance of these Class D technologies at value price levels.

7) For those looking at our Purifi 1ET7040SA Monoblocks, you will notice we are now offering an optional upgrade to include extra capacitors into our builds. The PCB add-on has an extra 40000uF capacitance (from Micro Audio) and is intended for use with those who run full range speakers below 30-40Hz output OR those who do not have a subwoofer in their setup.

Thank you to the community and consumers for making Buckeye Amps the success it has become today!

pogo

Major Contributor
Will DLART be an topic with the 2ch integrated?

amper42

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
With a new year comes new products, revisions, and overall updates designed to keep Buckeye Amps going in the right direction for the audio community.

1) One of the biggest updates you can check out right now is our brand new website! It is still the same domain (www.buckeyeamp.com) but with the help of Andrew Randall there is now more creative freedom since we have moved away from Squarespace hosting.

2) There will be some minor revisions to cases that will roll out slowly over the first 4-6 months. Nothing major as the case will remain the same two part Aluminum shell from Protocase...more so will be updating vent slot cutout design, incorporating new binding posts once they are done being manufactured, and adding a more user friendly appearance to the rear panels.

3) The 2ch Integrated is still coming along. The plan is still to release the basic Integrated offering first, with the ability to add in an expansion card later on for more advanced features (Dirac, DAC, etc). More details will be coming later this month.

4) We are already working on incorporating the new Purifi 1ET9040BA into our lineup. It will be offered as a monoblock configuration only at this time and we hope to be ready for builds when Purifi has stock of the modules in hand (Spring 2024).

5) We are also adding the Hypex NC2k to our lineup (monoblock only). This will likely be ready for builds in Spring 2024 as well.

6) We made a few price adjustments, mostly in the form of price reductions in our effort to keep the performance of these Class D technologies at value price levels.

7) For those looking at our Purifi 1ET7040SA Monoblocks, you will notice we are now offering an optional upgrade to include extra capacitors into our builds. The PCB add-on has an extra 40000uF capacitance (from Micro Audio) and is intended for use with those who run full range speakers below 30-40Hz output OR those who do not have a subwoofer in their setup.

Thank you to the community and consumers for making Buckeye Amps the success it has become today!

Hi,
Is it possible to tell me the idle watts used by the Buckeye Hypex NCx500 2-channel?
Thank you!

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Happy new year!
1. Website looks excellent. :D

2. Consider incorporating Amir's reviews somewhere on the website.
Amir has made 6 reviews so far:

3. Looking forward to hearing more information about the Integrated 2-ch amp, as well as potential for Dirac Live integration.

amper42

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I hope that won't be a decision maker.

It might be if I am unable to get a response from Dylan. This is the second time I have asked how many watts the Hypex NCx500 2-channel amp uses while idle. I'm starting to wonder if Dylan may not have this simple measurement? Is it possible this measurement is never taken during the development of a Buckeye amp?

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
It might be if I am unable to get a response from Dylan. This is the second time I have asked how many watts the Hypex NCx500 2-channel amp uses while idle. I'm starting to wonder if Dylan may not have this simple measurement? Is it possible this measurement is never taken during the development of a Buckeye amp?
Apologies if I missed the first time you asked.
It is roughly 7W when I measured.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Sending a direct message or email might be better than asking on a forum if you have a specific question. Not everyone monitors forums closely and it is easy to miss things.

amper42

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Apologies if I missed the first time you asked.
It is roughly 7W when I measured.

Dylan, thank you for the reply.
1. Is the 7W idle energy usage quoted for the Hypex NCx500 2-channel amp with auto sensing turned off?
2. If not, what would the Hypex NCx500 2-channel amp idle energy use be with auto sensing off?
Thank you!

goryu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Disappointed to not see anything in your updates above about the long lost 3 channel NCx500 amps...

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
I can only hope that is for newly ordered amps, not for those ordered 7 months ago.
That ETA is for newely ordered 3ch NCx500's.

No reason putting an update for the existing orders as I reached out to all customers via email less than two weeks ago updating them individually.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Dylan, thank you for the reply.
1. Is the 7W idle energy usage quoted for the Hypex NCx500 2-channel amp with auto sensing turned off?
2. If not, what would the Hypex NCx500 2-channel amp idle energy use be with auto sensing off?
Thank you!
That is with Auto Sensing and/or 12v trigger being used.

glideslope

I have a Buckeye 8ch NC252MP with speakon's. I've made cables, soldered wall plates - all channels speakon. I wanted to continue with more of the same. Can you provide a speakon update please? Could the new case design just have both like Benchmark? Or could the cases be punched/cnc'd for speakon and then blanks put in... where a customer could put speakon connectors in and either parallel the connection or cut the faston off and screw/solder? If they were just punched that would be fantastic.

Really like the extra capacitors pcb. Most likely after two or three 7040 monos this year. I'm assuming the 9040's will cost more.

What is the benefit to a fully bridged output? I forget. On the 9040.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
I have a Buckeye 8ch NC252MP with speakon's. I've made cables, soldered wall plates - all channels speakon. I wanted to continue with more of the same. Can you provide a speakon update please? Could the new case design just have both like Benchmark? Or could the cases be punched/cnc'd for speakon and then blanks put in... where a customer could put speakon connectors in and either parallel the connection or cut the faston off and screw/solder? If they were just punched that would be fantastic.

Really like the extra capacitors pcb. Most likely after two or three 7040 monos this year. I'm assuming the 9040's will cost more.

What is the benefit to a fully bridged output? I forget. On the 9040.
The middle ground for offering speakON again outside of the rack cases (as those have separate backplates so I can easily have two different plates made without too much cost) is to offer them on the 8ch NCxxxMP case and on the 3ch Purifi/NCx case. You could do less channels (say 4ch only) but would have to pay a slightly higher premium.

Also thinking of this approach for custom finishes/anodizing as well. No time table though.

The 9040 mono (from us, at least) will be around $1050 shipped unless something changes for the worse.

glideslope

I guess I could always carefully drill it or borrow a punch.

Does the 9040 need the 2kw power supply instead of the 1kw?

glideslope

The supply range for the 9040 almost seems on purpose that one could use a toroidal step-down transformer OR a SMPS. +/-36VDC. Whereas the previous half bridge purifi's requirement was higher than a typical audio transformer/rectifier would put out.

Top Bottom