• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buckeye Amps 2024 News and Upcoming Products

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Why not have a preamplifier instead of an integrated amplifier i already have one of your amps so i dont really need/want an integrated. Basically delete the amp from the integrated and sell it as a preamp
Who said we wouldn’t also offer it as a preamp? ;)

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
We are happy to announce we will be sponsoring and attending MWAVE again this year (and I 100% plan on being there in person this time).

Our plan is to officially showcase the working/retail model of the 2ch Integrated at that time. I will also be brining along the new Gen 2 Purifi Eigentakt monoblock and the 2kW Hypex monoblock we are finally adding to the lineup.

I am also toying with the idea of adding a small apparel lineup to the website, so I may bring some t shirt giveaways with me as well.

shion_ca

We are happy to announce we will be sponsoring and attending MWAVE again this year (and I 100% plan on being there in person this time).

Our plan is to officially showcase the working/retail model of the 2ch Integrated at that time. I will also be brining along the new Gen 2 Purifi Eigentakt monoblock and the 2kW Hypex monoblock we are finally adding to the lineup.

I am also toying with the idea of adding a small apparel lineup to the website, so I may bring some t shirt giveaways with me as well.
Will the 9040 make an appearance?!?

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Why the OPA 1612 when Bruno recommends the OPA 1656? Should be similar priced.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Why the OPA 1612 when Bruno recommends the OPA 1656? Should be similar priced.
The large quantity of the 1612 we have on hand.
Just hasn't been something to switch to yet, more pertinent things first.

mocenigo

Major Contributor
OPA 1612. Still not planning on jumping on the wagon of marketing other buffers for more money when objectively it is not at all necessary.

No composite buffers like the Neurochrome? A single 1612 has a noise of about 1.2μV over the audio band. Add the gain of the 1ET9040BA and this becomes roughly 6.8μV. The total noise, added to the 4.6μV intrinsic to the Purifi module, would then be around 8.2μV. I think an even quieter topology would be needed to give justice to the 1ET9040BA. I know I am splitting hair… or rather splitting electrons…

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
No composite buffers like the Neurochrome? A single 1612 has a noise of about 1.2μV over the audio band. Add the gain of the 1ET9040BA and this becomes roughly 6.8μV. The total noise, added to the 4.6μV intrinsic to the Purifi module, would then be around 8.2μV. I think an even quieter topology would be needed to give justice to the 1ET9040BA. I know I am splitting hair… or rather splitting electrons…
For measuring, sure but since we are at levels of inaudible differences it just isn't necessary at this time.

goryu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
For measuring, sure but since we are at levels of inaudible differences it just isn't necessary at this time.

By that argument, the new Purifi amp isn't needed either. Many want it because of the excellence of it's measured performance regardless of whether or not that extra few dB is audible. Putting it out with anything less than a comparable buffer is doing it a disservice.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
By that argument, the new Purifi amp isn't needed either. Many want it because of the excellence of it's measured performance regardless of whether or not that extra few dB is audible. Putting it out with anything less than a comparable buffer is doing it a disservice.
I'll gladly submit my offering for measurement and allow people to make an informed decision just like I have always tried to do.

pogo

Major Contributor
Many want it because of the excellence of it's measured performance regardless of whether or not that extra few dB is audible.
There are a few extra purifi dB that you can definitely hear. Listen to two bridged 1ET400A. Implemented in NAD or Lyngdorf devices, they have twice as much power at 8/4 ohms as a 1ET9040BA. That is amazing ;)

mocenigo

Major Contributor

I agree on audibility, but there are also bragging rights :)

To be complete fair to Buckeye, they are two reasons to buy a 9040 based amp: 1) lower noise and distortion and 2) more power and stability on very difficult loads.

The choice of buffer topology does not affect point 2). At the same time, point 1) is obviously still achieved with a 1612-based buffer with respect to any implementation of a 1ET400A, 1ET7040A, NCoreX, or Nilai based power amp. But, yeah, it could be improved.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
There are a few extra purifi dB that you can definitely hear. Listen to two bridged 1ET400A. Implemented in NAD or Lyngdorf devices, they have twice as much power at 8/4 ohms as a 1ET9040BA. That is amazing ;)
An increase in power output leading to sound level increase (dB) is definitely something one can hear.

I've been referring to dB in terms of distortion differences. A couple of dB difference in this respect at the levels Purifi is achieving is absolutely measurable...but is it audible?

Top Bottom