• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

Ricardus

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Any experience with the Markertec Sescom cables? I didn’t see a wiring diagram.

World’s Best also has an RCA/XLR.

https://a.co/d/cKngGRf
Markertek is awesome. I buy tons of stuff from them for cable-making. Give them a call to find out about the wiring.

But in this case you don't need Star Quad. It's a great cable but overkill for this application. They probably have other XLR-RCA cables with other excellent wire as well.

Descartes

Major Contributor
Any experience with the Markertec Sescom cables? I didn’t see a wiring diagram.

World’s Best also has an RCA/XLR.

https://a.co/d/cKngGRf
I bought all my Canare, Mogami and Belden XLR cables from Marketec great company!

quattro98

Forum Donor
Thanks. I've used Markertek in the past and like them. I didn't see any other RCA/XLR on their website, but thought I'd share it with the forum as an option for those who need these (I'm not in the market right now). I'd take them over other cables as a buy once and get something good and forget about it option.

Edit: spoke too soon, they have some options from Hosa & Connectronics.

Descartes

Major Contributor
Thanks. I've used Markertek in the past and like them. I didn't see any other RCA/XLR on their website, but thought I'd share it with the forum as an option for those who need these (I'm not in the market right now). I'd take them over other cables as a buy once and get something good and forget about it option.

Edit: spoke too soon, they have some options from Hosa & Connectronics.
They can make what ever you need! For full disclosure I have no financial interest from the company I just am a satisfied customer.

David_M

@Buckeye Amps , first time on your sales page. Off-topic non-sales question here...Did you ever finish your PhD? What specialty was it in? I'm finishing up mine in Biomedical Engineering/Biotechnology. Researching on using Neural Networks to predict human responses and behavior.

I'm surprised you have time to run a side business while working on your PhD at the same time!!! Mad time management skills you have there.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
@Buckeye Amps , first time on your sales page. Off-topic non-sales question here...Did you ever finish your PhD? What specialty was it in? I'm finishing up mine in Biomedical Engineering/Biotechnology. Researching on using Neural Networks to predict human responses and behavior.

I'm surprised you have time to run a side business while working on your PhD at the same time!!! Mad time management skills you have there.
I officially finished December last year, though I stop into my old lab every so often to help with a few pending projects.

TheAVInsider

@Buckeye Amps
I have one of your Buckeye 8-channel 502's (from MWAVE, thank you very much) and a different 8-channel 252 amp, both installed in my HT rack. *Also have a 98 pound 7-channel A/B in there for tactile, but that's another story.

My left and right speakers are 4 ohm (JBL CBT 1000 @ 6000W peak), but my center is 8 ohm (JBL CBT 70J-1 @2000W peak). I happen to have an unused amp channel on the 502 and the 252 right now, so I thought I would ask.

Question #1
If I want to use 2 channels of the 502 for the 4-ohm mains, but I want to bridge tie load (BTL) one 502 module for the 8-ohm center, do you think my Marantz AV7703 pre/pro using Audyssey will have enough correction (0-12db) to offset the difference in gain while using XLR interconnects? It's not a big room, so I also have room gain.

Question #2
Much more complicated,
Step #1
Say I were to use RCA outs, like outputs from a MiniDSP 2x4HD, to one of the XLR inputs on one of the amplifiers. I would need a special XLR wiring to do this, without using an adapter. This I've seen posted before.
Step #2
Let's also say I would like to BTL, at the same time, using a custom XLR to externally do the BTL, while simultaneously doing a RCA/XLR conversion on the same I/O as the load (8ohm).
Would this be possible through proper XLR wiring alone, or would the module require internal BTL wiring and custom interconnects? If so, could you provide a simple schematic of how to do it? Best practices.

This obviously isn't a case where I would ever "need" this power, but one where I would like to take some measurements, and maybe later impress some folks who are very much into attending GTG's specializing in high SPL . All cautions taken of course. Safety first.

TIA

:eek:

Last edited:
OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
@Buckeye Amps
I have one of your Buckeye 8-channel 502's (from MWAVE, thank you very much) and a different 8-channel 252 amp, both installed in my HT rack. *Also have a 98 pound 7-channel A/B in there for tactile, but that's another story.

My left and right speakers are 4 ohm (JBL CBT 1000 @ 6000W peak), but my center is 8 ohm (JBL CBT 70J-1 @2000W peak). I happen to have an unused amp channel on the 502 and the 252 right now, so I thought I would ask.

Question #1
If I want to use 2 channels of the 502 for the 4-ohm mains, but I want to bridge tie load (BTL) one 502 module for the 8-ohm center, do you think my Marantz AV7703 pre/pro using Audyssey will have enough correction (0-12db) to offset the difference in gain while using XLR interconnects? It's not a big room, so I also have room gain.

Question #2
Much more complicated,
Step #1
Say I were to use RCA outs, like outputs from a MiniDSP 2x4HD, to one of the XLR inputs on one of the amplifiers. I would need a special XLR wiring to do this, without using an adapter. This I've seen posted before.
Step #2
Let's also say I would like to BTL, at the same time, using a custom XLR to externally do the BTL, while simultaneously doing a RCA/XLR conversion on the same I/O as the load (8ohm).
Would this be possible through proper XLR wiring alone, or would the module require internal BTL wiring and custom interconnects? If so, could you provide a simple schematic of how to do it? Best practices.

This obviously isn't a case where I would ever "need" this power, but one where I would like to take some measurements, and maybe later impress some folks who are very much into attending GTG's specializing in high SPL . All cautions taken of course. Safety first.

TIA

:eek:
For #1
The likely gain mismatch will be about 6dB, so as long as you don't already have a 4-6dB mismatch between the Center and LR speakers, you will be fine for sure.

You would be best suited using a properly wired RCA to XLR cable and then using the modified XLR Y splitter for normal BTL (as discussed/outlined here and under the FAQ page)

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Some updates on case options:

Due to a change in the policy (or rather, enforcing of the policy) from my case manufacturer, it is no longer economically feasible to offer custom finishes or speakON upgrades at this time. I will be looking at alternatives and/or how to at least bring back certain finishes or options in the future, but for the time being I cannot offer custom finishes or speakONs for regular cases.

speakONs are still available as an add-on to the Rackmount case upgrade, however. Which was the most popular choice for using speakONs anyways over the last two years.

Thanks everyone!

JPA

Forum Donor
Some updates on case options:

Due to a change in the policy (or rather, enforcing of the policy) from my case manufacturer, it is no longer economically feasible to offer custom finishes or speakON upgrades at this time. I will be looking at alternatives and/or how to at least bring back certain finishes or options in the future, but for the time being I cannot offer custom finishes or speakONs for regular cases.

speakONs are still available as an add-on to the Rackmount case upgrade, however. Which was the most popular choice for using speakONs anyways over the last two years.

Thanks everyone!
That's bad news for me. I was planning to buy several amps with speakON upgrades in the very near future. Please try to find an alternative soon.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
That's bad news for me. I was planning to buy several amps with speakON upgrades in the very near future. Please try to find an alternative soon.
Will be trying, but I doubt it will be soon.
As said, if going rackmount they are still an option.

desutruction

Anyone put stickers on their amp? I'm looking to get an NC252MP in the future (not set in stone yet, but I think this is the best one for my use case) and it'll be on my desk so I'll be looking at it all the time. It's on the plain side so I feel like I can put some nice stickers on it, just wondering if anyone else has done so as I'd like to see the result. I'll make sure not to block the vents ;)

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Anyone put stickers on their amp?
:oops: Lipstick/pig dilemma.
At least, something like this will have a purpose:
202310_DiffSticker.jpg

Why not dispense with the stickers and hide the amp elsewhere?

Godataloss

Anyone put stickers on their amp? I'm looking to get an NC252MP in the future (not set in stone yet, but I think this is the best one for my use case) and it'll be on my desk so I'll be looking at it all the time. It's on the plain side so I feel like I can put some nice stickers on it, just wondering if anyone else has done so as I'd like to see the result. I'll make sure not to block the vents ;)
Ohio-State-Mini-Size-Award-Decals_570x515.png

You'll need to make some tackles first.

Bimbleton

Is the NC252mp 4 channel fine for running a Revel speaker front stage (C208, 226be’s)? Got 4 surrounds and 4 atmos that will be running off a Denon receiver. Small/Medium room, and all speakers crossed with 2 subs.

Previously nearly everything except 2 atmos was run off the receiver. Hopefully the nc252 is a nice upgrade.

Golfx

Forum Donor
Is the NC252mp 4 channel fine for running a Revel speaker front stage (C208, 226be’s)? Got 4 surrounds and 4 atmos that will be running off a Denon receiver. Small/Medium room, and all speakers crossed with 2 subs.

Previously nearly everything except 2 atmos was run off the receiver. Hopefully the nc252 is a nice upgrade.
Hi those revels are 8ohm speakers. The NC252 only puts out 150w peak at 8 ohms. I would just instead bump up to the NC502. It yields 350W peak at 8 ohms. Revel recommends 50-350 for your center and 50-250 for your LR. NC 502 looks to be only $170 more for over double the wattage.

Nice speakers BTW.

Bimbleton

Hi those revels are 8ohm speakers. The NC252 only puts out 150w peak at 8 ohms. I would just instead bump up to the NC502. It yields 350W peak at 8 ohms. Revel recommends 50-350 for your center and 50-250 for your LR. NC 502 looks to be only $170 more for over double the wattage.

Nice speakers BTW.
I was just worried about the input sensitivity from my Denon X3700H — read that there may be issues outputting beyond 1.4V, and the 502 amp needs 2+V for max output.

Top Bottom