• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cambridge Audio CXN v2 Network Streamer

Platypus20

Forum Donor
I was a massive struggle, but I finally got it to work, I need a better wireless router, an occasional drop now and then, but it is working.

IMG_2933.jpeg

Rosenbloom

I think the problem is its wifi receiver. I once had this streamer but returned it in the next day because of its poor wifi reception.

Last edited:

OldTimer

Better using the LAN port. Pulling cable from modem/router to it. Most of damage come from wifi device so let’s turn the device off.

OP
Platypus20

Platypus20

Forum Donor
I changed the location of the wireless receiver chip and the problems seemed to have gone away, time will tell
Better using the LAN port. Pulling cable from modem/router to it. Most of damage come from wifi device so let’s turn the device off.
can’t, controlling it from an iPad, as the iPad has no Ethernet port and both have to be either lan or wireless, it wireless, other than the iPad mini, there is no other computer in the room

Gyosa1

I changed the location of the wireless receiver chip and the problems seemed to have gone away, time will tell

can’t, controlling it from an iPad, as the iPad has no Ethernet port and both have to be either lan or wireless, it wireless, other than the iPad mini, there is no other computer in the room
I have a 851n connected to the router via Ethernet, as long as your phone is on the same network as the cxn it’ll work fine that way - meaning your iPad can be on wifi and the cxn on lan.

OP
Platypus20

Platypus20

Forum Donor
Cambridge says it should not be a problem, the music provider (Tidal) says its could be a software issue that shows up with some equipment interaction, they are looking into it. The Cambridge connect to the LANs, registers perfectly, but the unit does not show up on the device list, on the iPad, no matter what you do. I relocated the wireless receiver to a different position, it’s now is working perfectly

Top Bottom