• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Can I make LCD-2CB by adding 2CB grill to Audeze LCD-2C?

Stonehead1

Hello, I'm interested in lcd 2cb.

While searching for information, I heard rumors that if you get the grill of the 2cb model and replace it with the 2c, you can get the lcd 2cb at a lower price (not sure because it's a rumor).

Is this true?

This stimulates my desire to experiment.

Also, is there a way to buy the grill of LCD 2CB?

+++ I saw selling the mod(3d file) for LCD 2c. But I heard that there is a severe change in the measurement.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
If only it were that easy.... we all would be buying open headphones and simply sealing the back.
Alas it doesn't work this way.

In the same way as simply drilling some holes in the back of closed headphones doesn't work either and also will drastically change the tonal balance.

Even the hifiman Edition S sounded different (could be used as open and closed by simply adding a closed shield to the back side)

So when you want the LCD2CB you will have to buy the LCD2CB, there are no simple shortcuts I'm afraid.
Owners that have put their hands over the backside of their LCD2 will be able to tell you the sound drastically changes.

OP
Stonehead1

Stonehead1

If only it were that easy.... we all would be buying open headphones and simply sealing the back.
Alas it doesn't work this way.

In the same way as simply drilling some holes in the back of closed headphones doesn't work either and also will drastically change the tonal balance.

Even the hifiman Edition S sounded different (could be used as open and closed by simply adding a closed shield to the back side)

So when you want the LCD2CB you will have to buy the LCD2CB, there are no simple shortcuts I'm afraid.
Owners that have put their hands over the backside of their LCD2 will be able to tell you the sound drastically changes.
I heard LCD X and XC are similar, but 2C and 2CB are different.

Thank you for your answer!

solderdude

Grand Contributor
I heard LCD X and XC are similar

The similarity is that both use the same driver. This is where the similarities end though.

XCvsX.gif

Top Bottom