• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Floor stand for Kali LP-6 v2?

xhntf

I just bought myself these speakers as a little early birthday present and they sound great! Now I gotta get them off my desk and figure out how to mount them at ear level.

I was hoping there would be a standard size screw hole underneath so I could mount them securely, but nope, it's smooth as a baby's bottom down there. And the recommended stands I found from searching (for example this), the top is just a flat platform without mounting holes either. What the heck? Do people really just precariously balance hundreds of dollars worth of speaker on these little flimsy stands and hope the whole topheavy setup doesn't topple over at the slightest breeze?

Anyways rant over, sorry :) Can anyone recommend a good floor stand setup for these? Preferably adjustable-height, solid with a low center of gravity, and some way to secure the speakers to the stand so they don't fall off if I sneeze too hard. Thanks friends!

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Do people really just precariously balance hundreds of dollars worth of speaker on these little flimsy stands and hope the whole topheavy setup doesn't topple over at the slightest breeze?

Yup. If you are worried, many homeowners/renters insurance can provide scheduled coverage for items like this.

In terms of speaker stands, I have used these with the Meyer Sound Amie’s. I know exactly what you mean about worrying about being top heavy. These stands can be weighted down with sand though.

Reactions: MGJ
OP
X

xhntf

I'm not worried about the money. I'm worried about my preventable clumsiness and having to live with myself in defeated, shameful silence for a week while I wait for shipping for the replacement.

I might try putting a mousepad underneath the speaker so at least it's not just slippery plastic-on-plastic. And bags of sand is actually a great idea. Can anyone recommend what brand of sand to use? (That last part is a joke of course, I'm not totally helpless)

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm not worried about the money. I'm worried about my preventable clumsiness and having to live with myself in defeated, shameful silence for a week while I wait for shipping for the replacement.

I might try putting a mousepad underneath the speaker so at least it's not just slippery plastic-on-plastic. And bags of sand is actually a great idea. Can anyone recommend what brand of sand to use? (That last part is a joke of course, I'm not totally helpless)

is actually a better option than a mouse pad.

OP
X

xhntf

Thanks for the rec, I don't know how I've never heard of that stuff. I just ordered some and we'll see how it does!

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Measurements courtesy of @John Atkinson
(per his requests, I did not copy/paste any of the Stereophile images in this post)

OP
X

xhntf

Update: I went with these Cotytech SP-OS10 since they were the only ones I found that could be adjusted low enough to match my desk setup. And the Blu Tack worked great, there's no chance the speakers will slide off. The stands are heavy enough that I feel safe without adding bags of sand.

Thanks!

Top Bottom