• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fosi Audio V3 op-amp rolling, has anyone tried it? Snake oil? Or are there actual differences?

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Only if they're spherical.
And then only if you are going to race them downhill, or play marbles with them. Both of these activities potentially having some entertainment value.

Unlike trying to modify the sound of your amp. ;)

olieb

Only if they're spherical.
There are many other forms that can do the trick nicely, besides cylindrical there are Reuleaux-Polygons. Sadly non of this exists as op-amps, I am certain they would sound much "rounder".

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
There are many other forms that can do the trick nicely, besides cylindrical there are Reuleaux-Polygons. Sadly non of this exists as op-amps, I am certain they would sound much "rounder".
Roll us both down the mountain and
I'm sure the Fat Man would win.

Down South

I also experienced distortion in i think the mid-high frequencies which are only apparent when there is something "going on" in these frequencies and wonder what it could be / how I can solve this / need another amp.

My system:
Denon CD player > smsl su-1 DAC > Fosi Audio V3 (36v/5a psupply)) > Quad 21L floorst.
Just how old is this Rotel amp?

LeoGB

Just how old is this Rotel amp?
There is no Rotel amp o_O

The Fosi Audio V3 replaced my 30+ year old Yamaha R300 which broke down :oops: a couple of days before a family christmas party at my house (distortion + all inputs connected - which might be repairable)

I have some op-amps available... and consider... ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom