• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best Budget Amp Under ~$180 With Optical & BT

Talisman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I have an iphone, which, as I understand, doesn't support that codec. Right? Or am I wrong on that because the DAC in this case would be providing the LDAC codec instead of the iphone?
You're not wrong, iPhone only supports AAC, so the transmission protocol would in any case be AAC and not LDAC.
However, even with the same protocol used, the DAC should have superior performance for better digital-to-analog conversion compared to the integrated chip of a cheap amplifier. However, it is fair to underline that the qualitative difference may not be audible, or in any case be submerged by the distortions inherent to the AAC protocol.

benanders

... However, it is fair to underline that the qualitative difference may not be audible, or in any case be submerged by the distortions inherent to the AAC protocol.
And with your ( @lerp ) present speakers and BT intentions, it could quickly become an endeavor of diminishing returns using a discrete DAC to quest for soundstage, vs. other speakers x source material (music files).
The extreme ends of your chain are likely where most variance in playback quality will reside. I realize this is not particularly popular advice on many websites / fora. ;)

AdrenalinH

I am not sure why WiiM Amp hasn't been mentioned. It is a bit more expensive, but for me it seems worth the investment

KrafKloot

How about the O-Noorus D3?
Looking for a similar solution and love the idea of a all in one.
I have a Fosi V3/SMSL D6 S pair, which i guess is in a different league, but for a simple bedroom bluetooth only setup not really required.

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
What about the Fosi V3 (or Aiyima Ao7 MAX) plus the Wiim Mini? I think both of these are great little devices. I've enjoyed the convenience of the mini streamer over transmission via bluetooth.

KrafKloot

The pair is quite a bit more expensive and the Mini Streamers Dac is really bad.

Top Bottom