• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fosi Audio ZA3 Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 10 2.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 54 15.7%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 206 59.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 74 21.5%

• Total voters

howard416

I believe with a review like that, the numbers are simply assigned arbitrarily.

If the amp works well in your use case, it's a good one for you, and if not, then it isn't.

gasolin75

Addicted to Fun and Learning

mav

I might want to use this amp to run a secondary set of monitors in my home studio. I want to control the power to my main monitors and this amp with a single power switch.

Can you (safely) control the power away from the device? And will the speakers be protected from loud bursts?

And how about the V3? I'm still undecided between both.

tinnitus

I might want to use this amp to run a secondary set of monitors in my home studio. I want to control the power to my main monitors and this amp with a single power switch.

Can you (safely) control the power away from the device? And will the speakers be protected from loud bursts?

And how about the V3? I'm still undecided between both.
Hi MAV that will be possible, when switch also the 12Volt Trigger on. ;)

WillBrink

some considerations:

1) I think there are very few amps with balanced inputs at this price

2) the price/performance factor is scary. It would probably put it at the top of any ranking

3) I had a V3, taken for testing, and I admit that it was a really good amplifier, not at all intimidated even with quite large speakers. So this shouldn't be any less.

4) the only note: the system proposed by Fosi which makes it usable also as both a stereo and mono power amplifier, it seems fun, to experiment and play a bit, but leaves me a little perplexed: two or three potentiometers on the same line seem too many to me. I am afraid that the signal may have deteriorated in some way. I would prefer a pure power amp therefore without controls.

5) congratulations to Fosi for this line of products, which is essentially spot on for the price.
I am thinking same. $ for value should be it's own metric perhaps. What would compete with it for that $? I'm looking to do a desktop/office system, and that's perfect and $ fair. I just ordered one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom