• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

In what world is this excellent directivity?

NestorM

I found this graph on the website of an Australian company and according to the description of the speaker "Supertb directivity control". There are many people here smarter than me. Can you tell me if this is true? @amirm
Screenshot_20240227-103030_Instagram.jpg

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
For my personal preference above seems quite good as its quite smooth, constant and significant where it matter most, namely above 300 Hz.

Last edited:

ernestcarl

Major Contributor
Could that be from a large horn like Fulcrum's FH1565 Full Range Coaxial?

60x45 degrees coverage pattern
1709060791587.png

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Directivity control.
Check.

That graph appears to be the output of a pretty blunt tool, but it certainly implies that control of directivity is very good. Heck, maybe it's superb.
As @thewas noted above, as a function of frequency it seems to be nice and smooth as measured by ... whomever measured it (and however they measured it).

OP
N

NestorM

Control de directividad .
Controlar.

Ese gráfico parece ser el resultado de una herramienta bastante contundente, pero ciertamente implica que el control de la directividad es muy bueno. Diablos, tal vez sea magnífico.
Como @thewas señaló anteriormente, en función de la frecuencia parece ser agradable y suave según lo medido por... quienquiera que lo haya medido (y como lo haya medido).
Wow!! Thanks for the answer.

napilopez

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yup, it looks great in terms of both directivity and linearity. Notably, it has a very tall scale and seems to have minimal smoothing, which gives me confidence the measurements are legit. If we change the scaling to match Amir's typical measurements, it would look more like this:

1709062913652.png

The bass looks a little weird -- there normally isn't such a gap between the sound power and listening window, which makes me think it's a quasi-anechoic or spliced measurement; that's a common artifact when attempting to merge the data for all angles. Still, it looks reliable overall.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I found this graph on the website of an Australian company and according to the description of the speaker "Supertb directivity control".
Why so mysterious? Is it a secret? Why not just share all the info?

In any case, this looks pretty good. Directivity down to 300 Hz is either a very large horn or some other means to control it, like active side woofers, or passive slots (Kii or D&D like).

Top Bottom