• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KEF LS60 Wireless Just Announced

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It would be a disappointment if they used the 5.25inch drivers from the R5 instead of the 6.5inch drivers that are basically in everything else.
the photos show the drivers to be significantly larger than the Uni-Q btw.
Well, here is some preliminary analysis then. Here is the Blade 2 Meta (with 6.5" drivers), vs the presumed LS60. The size of the coaxial is matched as close as possible:
1652033488893.png

The LS60 woofers are clearly much smaller.

Edit: not exactly sure what happened here, but somehow images got mixed up and I used the larger Blade as a reference. Though I'm pretty sure I copied the correct image from the KEF website :facepalm:. Did it again, and now it does indeed look like 6.5" woofers, as can be seen below as well as per @MarcosCh.

Last edited:

Axo1989

Major Contributor

killdozzer

Major Contributor
I'm guessing $8,000 this morning based on an R11 plus electronics. That may turn out to be optimistic.
I hope not because I'm not loaded, but besides that, I think it wouldn't sell if it comes close to other towers with the price. It should double the price of Wireless II, like 5k. It is basically a UniQ plus 2x KC62. Those subs are 1,5k a piece so that's 3k, LS50 Meta is 1,5k leave some room for the enclosure... It's 5k. ;)

killdozzer

Major Contributor
Why are KEF so obsessed with slim and narrow cabinets? Doesn't it affect the sound?
I remember one interview where Mr. Oclee discussed the cabinet. I seem to remember him saying they're easier to brace when they're narrow and it all sums up to less coloration. He had a Reference 5 (white) next to him when he was explaining that. I could look it up if you want.

MCH

Major Contributor
Well, here is some preliminary analysis then. Here is the Blade 2 Meta (with 6.5" drivers), vs the presumed LS60. The size of the coaxial is matched as close as possible:
View attachment 205445
The LS60 woofers are clearly much smaller.
i dont know, but there is something in that photo that doesnt fit. When i first saw the leaked photo i roughly calculated that the LS60 would be 140 cm high (0% sure my calculations are right though), and the blade 2 meta are 146 cm high. In that pic they seem much bigger than the supposed 6 cm difference.
Below i took a picture of the blade 2 meta from kef's website. Look at them together. In the picture far left the difference between drivers looks much smaller and also look to fit better with the LS60. Not saying i am right and you wrong, just find it curious...

1652035375757.png

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
i dont know, but there is something in that photo that doesnt fit. When i first saw the leaked photo i roughly calculated that the LS60 would be 140 cm high (0% sure my calculations are right though), and the blade 2 meta are 146 cm high. In that pic they seem much bigger than the supposed 6 cm difference.
Below i took a picture of the blade 2 meta from kef's website. Look at them together. In the picture far left the difference between drivers looks much smaller and also look to fit better with the LS60. Not saying i am right and you wrong, just find it curious...

View attachment 205458
You may be on to something there. Comparing to the left one yields little size difference:

1652036144425.png

Indeed, both could be illusions.. We'll need to see and wait.

Axo1989

Major Contributor
That is interesting.

Someone is mixing up Blade photos I imagine.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I hope not because I'm not loaded, but besides that, I think it wouldn't sell if it comes close to other towers with the price. It should double the price of Wireless II, like 5k. It is basically a UniQ plus 2x KC62. Those subs are 1,5k a piece so that's 3k, LS50 Meta is 1,5k leave some room for the enclosure... It's 5k. ;)
The 4 speakers on the side are not subs, see comment above by KR.

The price will be whatever Kef thinks they can get away with.

Axo1989

Major Contributor

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
That is interesting.

Someone is mixing up Blade photos I imagine.
That must be Kef then, because both the larger as well as the smaller version of the Blade 2 meta are from the exact same image. If you scale the one to the other it doesn’t fit either. So either there is some strange perspective involved, or these renders are just wrong.

KMO

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Well, here is some preliminary analysis then. Here is the Blade 2 Meta (with 6.5" drivers), vs the presumed LS60.
Not a very good analysis, as that's obviously the Blade One with 9" drivers.

Edit: Ah, MarcosCh has found an actual image of the Blade Two.

Sancus

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
From a marketing standpoint it seems very weird that they would release something with the exact same driver arrangement as the Blade 2, but much cheaper. Yes, I'm sure they could say the Blade 2's drivers are better or whatever(and you get the curved cabinet) but still... An undersized Blade 2 makes way more sense to me.

Of course no way to be sure but wild speculation sure is fun! And the Blade 2 still doesn't have subs.

If this thing has better or equivalent output capability to the R11 though then the correct answer may be our price guesses are way, way low.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Not a very good analysis, as that's obviously the Blade One with 9" drivers.

Edit: Ah, MarcosCh has found an actual image of the Blade Two.
Nope, I used the exact same image. Just the front unit.

sifi36

From a marketing standpoint it seems very weird that they would release something with the exact same driver arrangement as the Blade 2, but much cheaper. Yes, I'm sure they could say the Blade 2's drivers are better or whatever(and you get the curved cabinet) but still... An undersized Blade 2 makes way more sense to me.

Of course no way to be sure but wild speculation sure is fun! And the Blade 2 still doesn't have subs.

If this thing has better or equivalent output capability to the R11 though then the correct answer may be our price guesses are way, way low.

The R11 has the same size and number of drivers as the Reference 5, isn’t quite as smooth and doesn’t dig as deep, but only costs one fifth of the price. If the LS60 costs ~6k it would match that ratio.

Top Bottom