• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

hch

yeah we all hope for that, but if I learn anything from people, old habits die hard. Eric has shown himself to be arrogance, thin skinned and full of ego. He is passionate about his speakers, no denying that, but also thinks a bit too much of himself.
We can't rely on people being nice and decent, we need something that has stronger binding power to protect freedom of speech.
The guy sounds like a pathological liar with a personality disorder. My guess is that he'll never change. If I were Erin or Amir I would stop engaging completely, nothing will come of it other than more lies and unpleasantness.

AaronJ

He is passionate about his speakers
I don’t think this is true. He has been abnormally reckless with his business. As far as he is concerned it is fair game as potential collateral damage in his quest to alter his narrative.

CedarX

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Are we slowly heading toward an actual lawsuit, but with a more elaborate scheme?

Tekton’s view so far:
1) No more unsolicited review of Tekton products - A “win” for EA.
2) Erin had re-measured the Troubadour and Amir has re-processed the M-Lore Klippel data - A “proof” according to EA comments, that he was right—the tests and measurements were “flawed” (complete BS, but I’m not sure it is that easy to prove wrong in a court…).

Then, Tekton’s next steps (guess…):
3) Re-list Troubadour and M-Lore. Possibly include a steep discount.
4) After a few months, no or very few Troubadour & M-Lore sold - EA now has “evidences” of the “irremediable damage” caused by Erin & Amir “flawed” reviews.
5) Sue Eric & ASR, based on the above.

Is there anything to do to avoid such a painful scenario? If M-Lore is re-listed, should I buy a pair ‘just’ to prove EA wrong in 4) above? :eek:

delta76

Major Contributor
I don’t think this is true. He has been abnormally reckless with his business. As far as he is concerned it is fair game as potential collateral damage in his quest to alter his narrative.
I will give him the benefit of the doubt for that matter. I'd paint him as being blinded by getting too proud of what he has done, to a fault.
If that helps his business selling the speakers, is another matter.

markus

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Is there anything to do to avoid such a painful scenario?
Yes, collect and document any evidence of Eric Alexander's damaging actions in the "Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review" thread and provide his lawyers with the link when needed.

sphykik

1713274269734.png

Tekton Fans... Amir of [ASR] has decided to join us on Facebook (at least for now). A word of warning here... anyone treating Amir like his groupies have treated me will be blocked from the Tekton Design FB group. Amir tolerates and fuels vitriol, abuses, hate speech, personal attacks, etc... I expect everyone to treat him with dignity and respect.

Amir is an anomaly when compared to audiophiles. He's probably the only guy I've ever met that would walk into a hi-fi store and tell the owner 'just show me the measurements'. Amir has completely abandoned the fact that like the worlds best piano's [Steinway as an example] engaging and exciting loudspeakers are a beautiful blend/balance of science and art.

Amir, I insist that you personally take it upon yourself to get the M-Lore 'step response' corrected on your ASR review. I also insist that you get the bass frequency response corrected for the pressure losses of the leaking threaded inserts. Erin did this and I insist you do it to.

Amir, Furthermore, drop the concept of me posting my own measurements for you. I'm under no obligation to post anything and I'm not the one that did an unsolicited review without consulting the designer or manufacturer.

Eric Alexander

Last edited:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
MjAxMi0xNzJlY2RjZjk5YTg0YmI3.png

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
yeah we all hope for that, but if I learn anything from people, old habits die hard. Eric has shown himself to be arrogance, thin skinned and full of ego. He is passionate about his speakers, no denying that, but also thinks a bit too much of himself.
We can't rely on people being nice and decent, we need something that has stronger binding power to protect freedom of speech.
He seems to be the first reviewer we've had major problems with, so it seems like quite a rare case. I've said it before that a legal fund may be more trouble than it's worth, the association thing Amir has been talking about getting set up. I mean if it's necessary it's necessary, but I don't quite see that yet - I think the vast majority of manufacturers are pretty sane & reasonable (within certain bounds). Perhaps if something like this happens again then it'll prove worth doing.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
I mean if it's necessary it's necessary, but I don't quite see that yet - I think the vast majority of manufacturers are pretty sane & reasonable (within certain bounds). Perhaps if something like this happens again then it'll prove worth doing.

I don't think many who are following this episode could miss the almost universal condemnation of this behavior. Combine that with real money being offered towards legal defense from many people on many online fora in support of the reviewers, and it's hard to think it wouldn't give anyone pondering that path pause.

What I hope happens, is more reviewers will feel more free to publicly post examples of these kinds of intimidation tactics so that the light can be shone full strength.

AaronJ

No good can come from continuing to engage with this guy. He's backing himself into his own corner with his supporters and is moving on to the scorched earth portion of his tantrum. Those who have stuck with him will continue to do so no matter what he says or writes, and at this point there is nothing more positive that can come out of the entire episode.

Drengur

Forum Donor
Perhaps he is not well. Not that it matters to the people he attacks, but I think he might have crossed the line a bit with this Facebook post. It seems a bit symptomatic.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
pigs, they are some of the most intelligent animals and have nothing mean inside them but on the other hand provide us with so many benefits and pleasure
Oh they are cute as can be when they are juvenile and young but when the meat types get large they get pushy and bite legs and ankles through the rubber boots. They actually tried to take me down into the mud with them and I had to escape by running away and jumping over the heavy duty fence. :facepalm:

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Those goes on much longer I'm sending Eric a MY PILLLOW. He needs a rest !

The pair of them would be perfect bedfellows for each other

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Oh they are cute as can be when they are juvenile and young but when the meat types get large they get pushy and bite legs and ankles through the rubber boots. They actually tried to take me down into the mud with them and I had to escape by running away and jumping over the heavy duty fence. :facepalm:

The IRA in Ireland used pigs to dispose of bodies back when there was violent hostilities,

Top Bottom