• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for a stereo amplifier for less than 530 €, need advice

OP
K

kaffe

Isolated surface oxidation may not matter. But you are probably right in that there may have been moisture inside as well of course.
Gotcha and thanks for bearing with the question :)
Thanks for the clarification. The WiiM AMP has been available sporadiclally for about three weeks in the US. I do not know when the WiiM AMP will be available for delivery to your address. Consider waiting to audition a WiiM AMP. It may measure well enough in the eyes of many members of ASR to qualify for inclusion in their 'wagon' of audiophile gear.
Oh, I am trying haha. Whilst patience is a virtue it's not one I am equipped with.

Meanwhile, the Yamaha A-S1000 doesn't look too shabby at all, just too bad about that particular one I linked to. Guess it would work well when empowered by a streamer such as the WiiM Pro.

Power Pop 23

Forum Donor
Gotcha and thanks for bearing with the question :)

Oh, I am trying haha. Whilst patience is a virtue it's not one I am equipped with.

Meanwhile, the Yamaha A-S1000 doesn't look too shabby at all, just too bad about that particular one I linked to. Guess it would work well when empowered by a streamer such as the WiiM Pro

A WiiM streamer and the Yamaha will do the job. My question is how long will the Yamaha operate before you need to pay to service it, relative to the cost of a 'new' WiiM AMP ? I am seeing suggestions in the thread below (from about post # 724) that the WiiM AMP will be available to ship in the UK/Europe anywhere from late December 2023 to February 2024.

https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/wiim-amp.1322/page-37

D

Deleted member 48726

A WiiM streamer and the Yamaha will do the job. My question is how long will the Yamaha operate before you need to pay to service it, relative to the cost of a 'new' WiiM AMP ? I am seeing suggestions in the thread below (from about post # 724) that the WiiM AMP will be available to ship in the UK/Europe anywhere from late December 2023 to February 2024.

https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/wiim-amp.1322/page-37

That's worrying in vain. Th Yamaha amp will outlast the WiiM probably a couple decades easily. I haven't heard of any A-Sxxx amplifiers needing work other than a single small cap. in the SMPS and they have been on the market in the same design for about 17 years.

OP
K

kaffe

Just spotted the WiiM available on Amazon.de and couldn't help but buying it.
Then I can always save up for a high end amp purely for music purposes :D

Now I need to find some cables.
I was recommended these in another topic, but they are not available in EU as far as I can tell: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009RTC62K/ref=syn_sd_onsite_desktop_0?th=1
Any tips on a pair similar to those which can be bought in EU?

Last edited:
OP
K

kaffe

Can somebody please confirm that these will work with the amp and speakers?

KabelDirekt Speaker Cable Made in Germany, Pure Copper, 15 m (2 x 2.5 mm² HiFi Audio Speaker Cable for Speakers & Surround Systems, Pure Copper, with Polarity Marking)

Goaycer Bananenstecker 24k vergoldet für lautsprecheri - (6 Paar / 12 Stück)

Power Pop 23

Forum Donor

KabelDirekt Speaker Cable Made in Germany, Pure Copper, 15 m (2 x 2.5 mm² HiFi Audio Speaker Cable for Speakers & Surround Systems, Pure Copper, with Polarity Marking)

Looks good to me

D

Deleted member 48726

Biltema has 2.5 mm2 OFC for cheaper readily available in-store.

Svend P

I realize you didn't ask about the speakers, but the Dali 6006 is a 30 year old budget speaker, so you would gain a lot more from buying new speakers and using a cheaper amplifier instead. Something like the Elac DBR62 could be a good alternative.

D

Deleted member 48726

I realize you didn't ask about the speakers, but the Dali 6006 is a 30 year old budget speaker, so you would gain a lot more from buying new speakers and using a cheaper amplifier instead. Something like the Elac DBR62 could be a good alternative.

Are you seriously suggesting a small bookshelf speaker as substitute for a floorstander that otherwise work fine?

Also the DBR62 has a weird impedance phase curve so it would also like a quality amp. The Dali 6006 is most probably an easier load.

Svend P

Are you seriously suggesting a small bookshelf speaker as substitute for a floorstander that otherwise work fine?

Also the DBR62 has a weird impedance phase curve so it would also like a quality amp. The Dali 6006 is most probably an easier load.
Define "work fine". I've had a pair of Dali 2002 20 years ago. They did not impress. Anything is better that the OP's 6006.

D

Deleted member 48726

Define "work fine". I've had a pair of Dali 2002 20 years ago. They did not impress. Anything is better that the OP's 6006.
"As intended" And it's a fine pair of speakers. Replacing them with a small pair of bookshelves is setting yourself up for disappointment.

Svend P

"As intended" And it's a fine pair of speakers. Replacing them with a small pair of bookshelves is setting yourself up for disappointment.
I can't point to a single Dali speaker that measures flat. Spending all the budget on an amplifier is not where you get the best sound.

D

Deleted member 48726

I can't point to a single Dali speaker that measures flat. Spending all the budget on an amplifier is not where you get the best sound.

You need to assume he's happy with his speakers since he isn't asking for speaker replacement. In fact, he says they sound fine.

Already got a pair of speakers, Dali Blue 6006. Specs can be found here: https://www.dali-speakers.com/media/3259/blue-series-brochure.pdf. In my opinion they sound fine and I don't expect to buy a new pair anytime soon. Thus, I'm looking for a stereo amp.

I'm looking for a new integrated amplifier

Looking for a stereo amplifier for less than 530 €, need advice

Suggesting to replace a floorstander with bookshelves is probably going to be a disappointment in terms of SPL and frequency range. Your suggested speakers inhibit some pretty tough impedance/phase traces which would need a certain current "stoutness" in the amplifier.
They may be better if you want a flat response. That's not really the topic here.

grogi.giant

I cannot comment on the condition of the Yamaha A-S1000.

I can't give you a guaranty, but I expect WiiM's implementation of the TPA3255 amplifier chip to be on par with other implementations of the same chip like that found in the Fosi Audiio V3 or the Aiyima A07. IF I was considering an amplifier to use in the meantime, I am tempted to see just how 'usable' the Sabaj A4 'all-in-one' amplifier is

I hope it includes the PFFB, as shown by the 3e audio and Topping PA5/PA5 II.

Top Bottom