• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

MacCali

Major Contributor
Kind of confused, wasn't the msrp 799, that post shows 899 and on sale 809.

Previously asked my question because I picked up a liquid platinum from the store open box, and it wasn't even technically open box, they were just doing a liquidation of stuff that staff members had probably been given to use for free. I actually enjoy the amp even though I would not consider it tube'y at all. But I only paid a 125, and they provided me a new pair of tubes too.

MacCali

Major Contributor
For Canada, KEF Q750, $900 off.

Polk TSi300, $298 pair, $500 off. Not sure if these are any good.

KEF Q150B, $398 pair, $400 off.

And this unit for $1499 in the US, when it costs about $3500 in Canada.

does visions ship to the US?

Firm believer in Onkyo, they do probably have some kind of a house sound I would assume. I picked an AVR with hdmi from like 2008 or something like that, dont think it was flagship from local thrift store for 20 dollars and the unit was in beyond mint condition absolutely no cosmetic flaws. My goodness I am fairly impressed, it definitely has my taste in sonics for sure. Doesn't support arc or anything, but as I have it setup as a sound bar replacement in my living room on 3 channels I would honestly say it has really high performance. Not sure if older onkyo is better, it's thx select rated as well. It has really peaked my interest.

fieldcar

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Kind of confused, wasn't the msrp 799, that post shows 899 and on sale 809.

Previously asked my question because I picked up a liquid platinum from the store open box, and it wasn't even technically open box, they were just doing a liquidation of stuff that staff members had probably been given to use for free. I actually enjoy the amp even though I would not consider it tube'y at all. But I only paid a 125, and they provided me a new pair of tubes too.
They were selling it at the ~$165 for only an hour or two after I posted the link.

I usually use slickdeals with keyword notifications for "monolith". It's the easiest way to stay ahead of the swarm of sales that make these deals very short lived.

AlexanderM

does visions ship to the US?

Firm believer in Onkyo, they do probably have some kind of a house sound I would assume. I picked an AVR with hdmi from like 2008 or something like that, dont think it was flagship from local thrift store for 20 dollars and the unit was in beyond mint condition absolutely no cosmetic flaws. My goodness I am fairly impressed, it definitely has my taste in sonics for sure. Doesn't support arc or anything, but as I have it setup as a sound bar replacement in my living room on 3 channels I would honestly say it has really high performance. Not sure if older onkyo is better, it's thx select rated as well. It has really peaked my interest.
That Onkyo unit is in the US, not Visions, so you can use the link and just buy if you want. I think to get an 11.2 for that price is just wow!

Also, for the exact same price this 9.2 is the new unit with the new tech, 2.1. My understanding is Onkyo and Pioneer are related?

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
They were selling it at the ~$165 for only an hour or two after I posted the link.

I usually use slickdeals with keyword notifications for "monolith". It's the easiest way to stay ahead of the swarm of sales that make these deals very short lived.

Yep. Slickdeals notifications are great for that.

And as soon as a deal that good pops up on Slickdeals, people will start buying it up to resell on Ebay. So one has to be quick to catch it before it sells out.

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
For Canadians:

Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro Headphones on sale for CDN$529 (down from CDN$799 or 33% off) on newegg.ca
Use promo code at chekcout BXNGDAY34
Lowest price before this was CDN$599 on amazon.ca Dec 20-22, 2021.
Another one...
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm Headphones on sale for CDN$169 (down from CDN$380 or 55% off) on newegg.ca
Use promo code BXNGDAY22 at checkout
Lowest price before this was CDN$200 on amazon.ca several times in Nov 2021.

MacCali

Major Contributor
That Onkyo unit is in the US, not Visions, so you can use the link and just buy if you want. I think to get an 11.2 for that price is just wow!

Also, for the exact same price this 9.2 is the new unit with the new tech, 2.1. My understanding is Onkyo and Pioneer are related?

Oh I know, it's direct from the manufacturer, I do not need an AVR already got a decent one for my dedicated home theater. Cant go back now.

Just asking about visions

fieldcar

Addicted to Fun and Learning
SMSL SP200 THX AAA-888 BALANCED HEADPHONE AMP
$140 USD

Review:

EDIT: Looks like @Dunring mentioned it, but didn't link it, so I didn't see it in my first search.

SMSL SP200 as well they have for $140

alitomr1979

There is a HUGE Bowers and Wilkins deal in Best Buy!!

Most bookshelf speakers are discounted 40 to 50% which is crazy!!

Shanman

Forum Donor
I see no B&W on sale there, mostly KEF and Martin Logan stuff.

beefkabob

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

AlexanderM

Likely great for the money. Perhaps not great in the absolute scheme of things.
The one KRK that Amir reviewed got a thumbs up, I seem to remember he rather liked it.

Last edited:

buzwork

Pretty good deal on new Klipsch R-15pm powered monitors for $175. These were discontinued by Klipsch and replaced with the R-51PM. I've had a pair for about 4 years and they're very good at this price point especially since shipping is free with this seller (99.1% feedback). Amazon is selling them for $275 and MSRP was $499.

Optical, Bluetooth, RCA/phono switchable, 3.5mm, USB DAC, and subwoofer output. Crutchfield spec page for more details.

Add a sub and you have a great secondary or computer setup.

Last edited:
Top Bottom