• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Moondrop teases Hi-Fi smartphone

theDutchmanJames

I think it looks pretty decent! From a DAP perspective it's not that pricey and you get the added benefit of being able to call, text and other smart features.

ChenHui

I can't see the output power or which chips are used based on the existing information, and I don't know how well it performs. But I like this kind of cross-border attempt. Looking forward to it.

OP
D

Dave54321

I can't see the output power or which chips are used based on the existing information, and I don't know how well it performs. But I like this kind of cross-border attempt. Looking forward to it.
This update just came up on my news feed.

The $399 device is now available globally after launching in China this week.

two headphone jacks: a 4.4mm fully balanced jack and the more “standard” 3.5mm unbalanced headphone jack. The jacks put out 4VRMs for the 4.4mm and 2VRMs for the 3.5mm

Cirrus Logic Master HiFi DAC (digital to analog converter) and a 6-layer gold-sinking audio circuit with independent LDO power supply. According to Moondrop, the phone is capable of a dynamic range up to 132 dB and a signal-to-noise ratio up to 117 dB.

Detailed specs here:

Top Bottom