• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New product - SMSL AO300

MrMorry

Something must have changed in this, because so far each version (regardless of what it contained inside) was 286,720 bytes, even the one I received by email from SMSL, and this one you attached (thanks!) is 290,816 bytes. Now I'm really curious about what's changing, what's happening! I'll upload it tonight.

(it is incomprehensible that so many versions can circulate in the public domain, while their website has still not been updated and they do not maintain that the latest version is always available!)
I described the differences that I noticed above, and the delay when switching inputs also decreased, on the firmware from the forum when I switched, for example, from arc to optics, first there was a pop in the speakers and subwoofer, then 2.8224 Hz appeared on the display, then only the connection and the inscription 44.1 Hz appeared or 48 Hz, but with the new firmware this is not the case and 44.1 Hz or 48 Hz appears immediately.
And of course, displaying the firmware version in the amplifier menu from 1.0 to 1.4.

DmitryL

was 286,720 bytes, even the one I received by email from SMSL, and this one you attached (thanks!) is 290,816 bytes
Firmware updater system laguage is chinese. All other updates were system english.

Subwoofer2596

Thanks for uploading the firmware MrMorry. I can confirm my unit now reports back as 1.4. Unfortunately, it doesn't fix any of my issues with incredibly minute amounts of static discharge through the headphones causing the unit to reset. They might actually be worse than with the previous firmware.

DmitryL

Received new firmware from SMSL.

Attachments

• SMSL_AO300_UPDATE_VER0A5.zip
    152.8 KB · Views: 10

BanGy

Received new firmware from SMSL.
Wow, what support address do you have to sign up for to get anything from SMSL? ;-D
It's a good thing that I didn't have time to deal with the other one in the evening, I'll jump straight to this version ... but in the meantime, is there any experience with it, what has changed or a description of the changes?

DmitryL

Installed VOA5 firmware. Stock v1.4 is better i think - lower distortion on high volume, no clap when input changes(not critical).

Mike_Trueman

Installed VOA5 firmware. Stock v1.4 is better i think - lower distortion on high volume, no clap when input changes(not critical).
Is there a changelog and does your screen display v1.5?

DmitryL

Top Bottom