• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

OK, what are you guys buying yourselves for Christmas?

Somafunk

Major Contributor
My wife gave me the rug for my birthday in August. She got it at an international craft fare in Budapest. It is silk, insanely fine, and made in Kazakhstan.

That IS a nice rug indeed, worthy even for the Dude.

formdissolve

Forum Donor
On certain VW diesels such as the 1.6tdi it’s advisable/best practice to also change the water pump at the same time as the timing belt, what engine is yours?
This kit includes the water pump, tensioners, and everything needed. It's a 2012 Common Rail CJAA Sportwagen. I've only changed a timing belt on a 1990 BMW E30, but this one also seems pretty straightforward..

Shadrach

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I don't drink alcohol during the year but at Christmas I work my way through a decent bottle of whiskey, maybe two if my brother shows up.
I went to a whiskey tasting night earlier this year; a present from my eldest, and me and the eldest's husband thought this the pick of the night.
It is a bit expensive but a couple of bottles once a year doesn't seem excessive for something I'll enjoy.

GaryY

Forum Donor
Speakers just arrived. Merry Christmas!
20231223_064329.jpg

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't drink alcohol during the year but at Christmas I work my way through a decent bottle of whiskey, maybe two if my brother shows up.
I went to a whiskey tasting night earlier this year; a present from my eldest, and me and the eldest's husband thought this the pick of the night.
It is a bit expensive but a couple of bottles once a year doesn't seem excessive for something I'll enjoy.

Very nice and 52% ABV too! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Steve Dallas

Major Contributor
I am thinking of splurging for Dirac DLBC for my Denon 4800. Or maybe not. This 1st world decision is killing me.

vicenzo_del_paris

Forum Donor
My wife Christmas present to me is 4 days all inclusive trip to Munich audio show 2024.
I feel very lucky to have such a a lovely wife :cool:.

Last edited:

Chr1

Forum Donor
Now, I am not sure if you mean that it is her present to you, or your present to her.

(Either way, she's a keeper.)

vicenzo_del_paris

Forum Donor
Now, I am not sure if you mean that it is her present to you, or your present to her.

(Either way, she's a keeper.)
Her to me ;)

Last edited:

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
GoPro11 Black...and a LG C3evo 65. Costco got me.

Chr1

Forum Donor
Salomon make awesome boots. Both ski and otherwise. Back when I could do such things... Had a pair of SX90 ski boots (the 80s) then several pairs of their walking/climbing boots. Great for moto use too...

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Salomon make awesome boots. Both ski and otherwise. Back when I could do such things... Had a pair of SX90 ski boots (the 80s) then several pairs of their walking/climbing boots. Great for moto use too...
I've been wearing Salomon boots and shoes exclusively for ~20+ years. They fit me very well and other than the plastic box in the heel of the 4D Quest they have all been excellent.

JP

Major Contributor
I picked up a few old phono cartridges, but I do that regularly anyway. The whole family is anti-gift by unanimous choice, however my sister gave me my great-grandfathers wedding ring.

IMG_2972.jpeg

Peterinvan

Nice gift from my wife... B&W PX8 007 Edition :)

levimax

Major Contributor
I am thinking of splurging for Dirac DLBC for my Denon 4800. Or maybe not. This 1st world decision is killing me.
Go for it. I bought DLBC and a Motu Ultralite MK5 for Christmas to implement it. Took a bit to get it all working but I am very happy, AI EQ is apparently smarter than my best manual efforts. Merry Christmas!

gnarly

Major Contributor
My most serious speaker measurement software yet ! Crosslite+. I'm stoked.
Measurements are one part of my DIY speaker hobby....adds to Smaart, ARTA, REW, and OpenSoundMeter.
Good meas help make good speakers :)

Top Bottom