• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

OK, what are you guys buying yourselves for Christmas?

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I thought about buying an HD800s because it was the headphone that was used as the basis of the Harman Research, and therefore the reasoning being that the Harman Headphone Curve (which I like) should theoretically sound most authentic on the headphone that was actually used in the research. I nearly pulled the trigger when it was on a bit of a discount here in the UK but then I thought it needs so much EQ for the price combined with it's less than stellar bass distortion, but my curiosity is still there!

DonR

Major Contributor
I am not certain that @DonR is old enough to need those, yet!:facepalm:
Hey! Not that far away! My daughter is a care aide in a nursing home so she can get them for me for free although the quality may be a little lacking.

Sadly, she is working today. Merry Christmas, Hunny Bunny!

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
Speaking of shoes. I woundn't mind getting a pair of these. Not gonna happen any time soon though:

Bleib

Major Contributor
Just bought a Denon AVR-X2700H used for a good price. Only one 8K / 4k/120 input but it should suffice

Also bought Nothing CMF smartwatch

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Ditto here - except 2 of them! Getting close!
View attachment 337082

IMG_4721.jpg

Steve Dallas

Major Contributor

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
i don't think the "wintergrip" will do, where's the spikes? you're canadian, after all....
We have no snow on the ground and it's bare concrete and asphalt. But cleats are a safety item that I like.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I picked up a new set of winter boots for urban use.
View attachment 337083
I can't be the only ASR member that has had a love-affair with Vasque Sundowner hiking boots, since my original-issue in early 1980s.:confused:
I am on my third pair with thousands of walking-miles from Bolivia, thru all of Central/North America, to Europe.
202312_Vasques.jpg

Otherwise - if not barefoot on the beach - I use nothing but boat-shoes and don't even own one pair sneakers.:)

ADD: The original Vasques - as with most other hiking boots of the era - had the yellow 'Vibram" sole logo... but not no more.
PS. I got my mate a pair of KEF LSXIIs because she asked for "white speakers"... I am thinking I really bought them for myself because they are an overkill for what she wanted, needed, can appreciate! [insert evilgrin.gif here]

Last edited:

coonmanx

I can't be the only ASR member that has had a love-affair with Vasque Sundowner hiking boots, since my original-issue in early 1980s.:confused:
I am on my third pair with thousands of walking-miles from Bolivia, thru all of Central/North America, to Europe.
View attachment 337235
Otherwise - if not barefoot on the beach - I use nothing but boat-shoes and don't even own one pair sneakers.:)
I don't know if those are the exact Vasque boots that I used to have or not. It has been a while. They do last a very long time. I have another pair that I got just for winter time. But the newer ones are now made in Vietnam. They seem to be of decent quality but I also don't wear them that much. I have a whole lot of hiking boots...

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Even if off topic, I didn´t want to let all the good wishes you sent me, go.

I signed a job contract today! Thank you all!

That's the way to start 2024! Congratulations!

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Even if off topic, I didn´t want to let all the good wishes you sent me, go.

I signed a job contract today! Thank you all!
Best of luck on that new job!
I hope it fits perfect into your life and dreams.
cent' anni

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Best of luck on that new job!
I hope it fits perfect into your life and dreams.
cent' anni
It´s the same job but in a different, and closer to home (10 minute walk!) school. It does not really, payment is not great, but it´s better than unemployed. Luckily, it gives me a quite nice schedule to keep working on teaching colleage.

Thanks for your words, Sal, nice to read them. :)

Top Bottom