• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Okto DAC8 Pro - open to new orders

Ibanez

Hello again
Now the DAC is back, and new amps are also here.
The Atsah amps got refunded by store.
Bought a pair of Nord One NC500 MK2 from kleinanzeigen.
And the sound is now better with new Nord amps. Even my wife said it sounded much better.
So now is the setup as follows.
PC Qobuz > JRiver > dephonica > usb purifoer 3 > DAC8 Pro > amps > Monitor Audio Silver 10 with bypassed passive crossovers.
Asio4All is the asio router.
Now it plays really good with Asio4All and it sounds really good and i am happy again.

I hope you are as pleased with the dac as i am.

Thanks for all your inputs and helping me.

I wish you all a great weekend

MJT

I got all excited thinking my order shipped because the email notification for this thread resembles the Okto emails lol. I ordered a month ago and still keeping my fingers crossed mine may ship.

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello again
Now the DAC is back, and new amps are also here.
The Atsah amps got refunded by store.
Bought a pair of Nord One NC500 MK2 from kleinanzeigen.
And the sound is now better with new Nord amps. Even my wife said it sounded much better.
So now is the setup as follows.
PC Qobuz > JRiver > dephonica > usb purifoer 3 > DAC8 Pro > amps > Monitor Audio Silver 10 with bypassed passive crossovers.
Asio4All is the asio router.
Now it plays really good with Asio4All and it sounds really good and i am happy again.

I hope you are as pleased with the dac as i am.

Thanks for all your inputs and helping me.

I wish you all a great weekend
I too am very pleased. For stereo listening my signal chain is Mele Quieter 2 PC (Qobuz)==>via Waspai Exclusive /EAPO (for EQ)===>JRiver MC 28 (Dirac Live)====>Dephonica via its Asio Sink Driver(for xover)====>Usb to Octo DAC 8 Pro via its Asio driver====>Purifi Eigentact (Ch 1, Ch2). SVS SB 2000 (Ch 3)====>Ls 50 Meta, SVS SB 2000 sub. I set Qobuz to output 24/96 maximum, and use WASAPI Exclusive. My Windows is set to 24/192, Allow devices to take exlcusive use, give exclusive use priority. This has the effect of entirely bypassing the Windows Mixer everything, and it does make a noticable sonic difference.

dartinbout

Still seems open to orders. Jump on this. I just watched "Phantom Menace" in 7.1 with this and the Pod Race seemed better then when I saw it in the theaters.

Verausci

Does anyone know whether they'll be available in Black? Silver only appears available atm but I only want one in black

Ibanez

How do some of you manage to use Jriver between Qobuz desktop app and dephonica without any crackle in sound when using wasapi exvlusive when playing 192khz material?

Now i use it direct = Qobuz (dephonica asio driver) > and using Asio4all in dephonica as sound driver) and no crackle with max taps in dephonica.

But i want to use Jriver as volume control in exclusive mode, but when playimg 192khz material there is crackle in sound. And even when using Jrivers Asio as input, So something seems to break up when putting Jriver in between the two. Had aslo tried with Asio Bridge/ Hifi Cable, without any success. Same crackle in sound, only at 192khz.

My pc spec
Asus x570-e gaming
Ryzen 5800x
32gb Corsair Pro SL 18cl
Sandisk SSD 256gb (sata)

I can use Jriver > Dephonica when streaming from bubbleupnp on phone, but not qobuz desktop app in exclusive.

But for now it sounds incredible good without Jriver.

Best regards

MJT

I'm getting discouraged. It's been five weeks and I still don't know what's going on with my order. I'm wondering how they can open up to new orders when they've not fullfilled past orders. I really feel this is disrespectful and inconsiderate practice. At some point I'll have to consider a charge back.

MJT

The store just stopped taking orders. I'm going to be patient a few more weeks and hopefully my order will ship. Fingers crossed.

Ibanez

MJT.
Mine was sent in for repair of headamp board, that may be an cause for other getting some delays. They stall the process when an repair comes in, that's what i have heard, but not really confirmed from Pavel.
So just be patient, you will receive yours as soon they can ship it. They are just two or three workimg there. Really good DAC for the price, despite the price increasement. I am really pleased with mine. I iike it very much.

MJT

Just received tracking. Now I'm ecstatic. This must be what bipolar feels like. I appreciate the extra boost of patience Ibanez.

Anyone placing orders just needs to keep in mind the process is unpredictable. My expectations were based on the trend of the first batch outlined in this thread where tracking was much sooner. What had me losing patience is they started taking new orders, while orders from 5 weeks ago hadn't been processed. I've also had an order placed for the MOTU UltraLite-mk5 for half a year and the last ETA I received a few months ago was for this September. So the fact these are sometimes available at all is a very good thing.

Verausci, I'm guessing that due to lack of chip availability, they are unable to sell enough orders to do a batch of anodizing. But that's just a guess. Personally I'd get whatever color you can get, because I don't think most people would hear the difference.

MJT

Oh that's right. Correction..

Most detail, but "bright", sibilance hard on the ears..
silver.jpg

Excellent dynamics and soundstage..
blue.jpg

Warm, enveloping, very well controlled..
red.jpg

Great mid-bass punch, highs a bit muddy..
black.jpg

*This is not real

DWPress

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've had mine for well over a year now and gotta say it's worth it, no regrets in any way if you need it.

Verausci

Ha I'm just fussy and stubborn; for me the black one just looks so much better!

That would be a solid offering if you could pick the front colour

Ibanez

I am very pleased now when headamp board got replaced, using headamp out (routed from ch 1-2) with tDenon AH-D9200, and ch 3-8 to three-way active system.
Borrowed an Nuprime SW8 from shop (it is an modded unit, by a guy in my town) and i believe that i will buy this one, the sound improved a lot.
I recommend this dac, and to the one ones considering buying it, should do it, the wait time is what it is due to component shortage, but it is worth the wait. Best regards

MJT

Just a heads up, the new driver download expires in two days.

JP

Major Contributor

MJT

Sorry, I meant the Thesycon ASIO Driver 4.67 link that Okto provides (not new)

Top Bottom