• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Okto DAC8 Pro - open to new orders

Ibanez

And the delivery times was not so slow last year when i ordered mine. Took like 1 1 1/2 month. They close shopping window when some have ordered so the delivery times not shall be so long.

PaulZH

From their 19/12/2021 newsletter
In 2022, we plan to update our existing products and continue on the development of a new product that we hope you will find exciting. Additionally, we are looking forward to unveil our new website soon.

TaxTime

I normally just browse, but I registered just so people know that they are still active. I happened to be on the Stereo page and noticed it was live for orders at the time, so placed my order right away. The order stats are as follows:

Order placed March 9. 2023
Order actually shipped March 17 (shipping info sent to Fedex - actually picked up March 21)
Arrived at Fedex Intl hub in Indianapolis on March 24,2023.

I PERSONALLY don't like Fedex. I used to like them, but over the last couple of years, their service has REALLY gone down hill compared to alternatives. Lots of delays and other problems. I think one of their main problems is the fact that they use subcontractors for last mile deliveries (except for Express shipments) and they just don't have enough staff in their sorting centers. I know "everyone" is having staffing problems these days, but Fedex seems to have more problems than other shipping services overall.

DTTOM37

I normally just browse, but I registered just so people know that they are still active. I happened to be on the Stereo page and noticed it was live for orders at the time, so placed my order right away. The order stats are as follows:

Order placed March 9. 2023
Order actually shipped March 17 (shipping info sent to Fedex - actually picked up March 21)
Arrived at Fedex Intl hub in Indianapolis on March 24,2023.

I PERSONALLY don't like Fedex. I used to like them, but over the last couple of years, their service has REALLY gone down hill compared to alternatives. Lots of delays and other problems. I think one of their main problems is the fact that they use subcontractors for last mile deliveries (except for Express shipments) and they just don't have enough staff in their sorting centers. I know "everyone" is having staffing problems these days, but Fedex seems to have more problems than other shipping services overall.
Thumbs pressed for safe arrival !

TaxTime

BTW, what is your firmware version, Pavel wrote me a few months ago that a new one will be issued and sent, but I'm still expecting it.

Firmware version on my unit shows as 1.12. What is the version currently on your unit, and what is the update supposed to improve/correct?

Ibanez

Was yours a Dac8 Pro, or Dac8 Stereo? Mine is a Dac8 Stereo.
What made you return it?
Yes, mine was Pro version, then it's not the same fw numbers, i was a little tired didn't thought about that yours was stereo version, sorry about that.
I returned it because of that the headamp failed twice in under one year. And also the volume could magically go way much higher than what the volume showed on the display. But as written before, my specific unit was bad from the beginning, it broke down after three weeks the first time, so, I just had an dose of really bad luck with my specific unlt. I am not mad at Pavel and Ellska and rest of their team. They have really good service, they have always answered me really fast, like like couple of hours to four days (weekends included) and I don't think it is that slow if you considering that he may not have so many workers that help him. I give them all cred for great service.
And Okto Dacs are really good price / build quality in/out connections on the version. I recommend it even if i had issues with mine.

TaxTime

Yes, mine was Pro version, then it's not the same fw numbers, i was a little tired didn't thought about that yours was stereo version, sorry about that.
I returned it because of that the headamp failed twice in under one year. And also the volume could magically go way much higher than what the volume showed on the display. But as written before, my specific unit was bad from the beginning, it broke down after three weeks the first time, so, I just had an dose of really bad luck with my specific unlt. I am not mad at Pavel and Ellska and rest of their team. They have really good service, they have always answered me really fast, like like couple of hours to four days (weekends included) and I don't think it is that slow if you considering that he may not have so many workers that help him. I give them all cred for great service.
And Okto Dacs are really good price / build quality in/out connections on the version. I recommend it even if i had issues with mine.
Interesting that you had quite a few and diverse issues in one unit.

Ibanez

Interesting that you had quite a few and diverse issues in one unit.
Now I have being reading up on the volume increasment.
That is an really old windows 10 bug (over 6 years old) that has not being resolved yet, not even in windows 11. It is related to when media is paused or stopped and being restarded, then the volume increase like 10db or more than max volume of windows sounds and media player that is in use. And that can be veeeery loud when Jriver nearly max and Dac on full scale.

So I just wanted to clear that out, and that's why I didn't reported that to Okto, I didn't really thought that it was that Okto Dac8 Pro:s fault.

I recommend Okto 8 Pro dac if you need one to an 3 or 4 way active dsp speaker system. Really good for it's musicality and channel count.

Mine was an bad unit, and I had very bad luck with it. And Okto really was good to me and showed first class customer service. All cred to them.

Buy it if you need it.

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I assume and suggest you would be better to move into "All in ASIO I/O World".;)
Please refer to my posts here and here.

Ibanez

I assume and suggest you would be better to move into "All in ASIO I/O World".;)
Please refer to my posts here and here.
This volume issue affected even asio4all when using only asio i/o and with motherboard soundcard. So that bad bug iseems to affect all audio, including asio, that is paused or stopped and then restarted, it's not tied just to wasapi or direct mode.
But now I hadn't noticed anything since I started using Antelope Orion Studio SC, but I have started to turn volume to min when pause.

Top Bottom