• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Open Letter to Amir...

sal

Forum Donor
First off, thanks for all the work you're doing! Based off of your measurements, I have made some drastic improvements to my system. I would however like to assemble a list of equipment you should never test in no particular order:
  • For your own safety, never test a turntable or phono cartridge. They will be at your door with pitchforks
  • Acoustic Energy AE309 tower speakers. I have them and love them. Please don't ruin them for me :) They have some bass deficiencies that's I've cured with my subwoofer. Don't make it worse.
  • Project Pre Box RS2 Digital - Just moved to this from my inappropriately named B.S. Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC. Was a world of difference.."The veil has been lifted" ;)
Anyone else want to add to the list?

rcstevensonaz

Alternatively, should we also list the things that we purchased because of ASR (and probably never would have even heard about, or considered if it wasn't for these reviews)? [Answer: No, there are better threads for that :)]

[EDIT: deleted my list of items... @BDWoody kindly provided links to where I should have made that comment.]

Last edited:

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hifiman HE1000. After cycling through $20k in headphone purchases to find my GOAT, please dont test and burst my bubble. In this case, ignorance is bliss

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Top Bottom