• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Quad

DavidEdwinAston

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Just discovered that Quad have produced an Artera monoblok , should my Platinums ever fail beyond repair!
A bit puzzled they are claiming 300w into 8, while the stereo version is only 180! Very odd. Mind you, dirt cheap at £2600 for a pair, compared to the £5000 the Platinums were! For me genuine Class D competitors.

DSJR

Major Contributor
The Artera mono's are current dumping designs, so not sure if these mono's are bridged from the 'stereo' version internally. Were the Platinums similar as I remember one of the earlier mono models was AB and not current dumping (I remember a test in HiFi Review).

A review of the Platinum mono's from 2014 -

OP
D

DavidEdwinAston

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Thanks for your comment DS.
Just quickly looked at the mono owners manual and can't find info on current dumping, or otherwise.
Output difference between the Stereo Platinum and the mono is 140 into 8, as against 170 for the mono.

Top Bottom