• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Recommend me a headphone combo DAC+Amp (with remote) that connects via Optical to my LG C2 48” OLED TV

yellowroll

I have tried Topping DX3 Pro+ but encountered non stop audio dropout/stuttering/jittering every 5-10 seconds. I have contacted the manufacturer and updated the firmware but still encounter the same issue.

I heard that SMSL C200 and DL200 would be perfect for my needs as they have the feature to change the DPLL

twsecrest

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Could it be the source or the optical cable are defective?
Try replacing optical cable.

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That TV has Bluetooth, remote and voice control so clip this to your belt plug in the HP. Alexa turn on Bluetooth on the C2. You can even walk to the fridge and never miss a word. ~$100

twsecrest

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I have tried Topping DX3 Pro+ but encountered non stop audio dropout/stuttering/jittering every 5-10 seconds. I have contacted the manufacturer and updated the firmware but still encounter the same issue.

I heard that SMSL C200 and DL200 would be perfect for my needs as they have the feature to change the DPLL
Are the source feeding the TV and the TV itself all set to basic 2-channel PCM audio (no Dolby or DTS enabled)?
Maybe try a different optical cable?

Last edited:

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've got the SMSL C200 and the DPLL goes from 1 to 10 and you can get anything dialed in with some experimenting. Even an old Syba Sonic works on optical if it's bumped above the 5 default settings. Great combo unit and runs cool for stacking.

OP
Y

yellowroll

I've got the SMSL C200 and the DPLL goes from 1 to 10 and you can get anything dialed in with some experimenting. Even an old Syba Sonic works on optical if it's bumped above the 5 default settings. Great combo unit and runs cool for stacking.
If you watch videos on say YouTube do you have to adjust the DPLL for every video?

OP
Y

yellowroll

Are the source feeding the TV and the TV itself all set to basic 2-channel PCM audio (no Dolby or DTS enabled)?
Maybe try a different optical cable?
Yes I have another DAC AMP (Astro MixAmp) and used the same optical cable and that works fine so its not the cable. I have the TV set to PCM but still encounter the issue.

MaxwellsEq

Major Contributor
If you watch videos on say YouTube do you have to adjust the DPLL for every video?
You shouldn't need to. What the DPLL does is cope with the rubbish optical signal from the TV. This is consistently rubbish regardless of what you watch on the TV.

Top Bottom