• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Matrix Audio Element X DAC/Streamer/Amp

Bamyasi

Not sure why you would insist you need 5GHz AC WiFi support. Maximum bandwidth of a 2-channel 24bit/192kHz uncompressed (!) PCM stream is below 9 Mbps (or 7 Mbps on average for the lossless FLAC) or 11-12 Mbps for native DSD256. Both 100BaseT Ethernet and 2.4GHz WiFi are quite capable of supporting such streams.

neukrisz

Audio Company
Not sure why you would insist you need 5GHz AC WiFi support. Maximum bandwidth of a 2-channel 24bit/192kHz uncompressed (!) PCM stream is below 9 Mbps (or 7 Mbps on average for the lossless FLAC) or 11-12 Mbps for native DSD256. Both 100BaseT Ethernet and 2.4GHz WiFi are quite capable of supporting such streams.

I know very well the theory of the calculation... ;)
Again :
I don't use any 2.4GHz radios in my home long years ago...and the player has playing problems used the 5GHz N radio.
All of my devices in my home connected with 1Gbps Ethernet or AC WiFi.
I don't want to use any non-1Gbps Ethernet or non-AC network clients at all. (Based on my opinion this can ensures the highest performance of my full network)
Since the original MA specifications declared the Element X with AC radio stage - this was the main trigger force to I purchased this model...

Last edited:

Archsam

Thanks but tryied many times but no works. Another iusse is that when i recognize the Element X, at the first chance MAremote recognize it how an Element M and not how an Element X. Anyone have the same bug?
Thanks

Me too - just uninstalled and reinstalled MA remote, and I'm still on FW B51501 and app said it's up to date.

neukrisz

Audio Company
Thanks but tryied many times but no works. Another iusse is that when i recognize the Element X, at the first chance MAremote recognize it how an Element M and not how an Element X. Anyone have the same bug?
Thanks
Did you try that from android or iOS/iPadOS platform? (I guess you have android OS...)

Last edited:

Arslan

Did you try that from android or iOS/iPadOS platform? (I guess you have android OS...)
I use Android. Like you can see, the same device is detected M & X

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201022-182617_MA Remote.jpg
    Screenshot_20201022-182617_MA Remote.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 100
  • Screenshot_20201022-182630_MA Remote.jpg
    Screenshot_20201022-182630_MA Remote.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 92

Arslan

Today finally i used the IOS App of MAremote and all worked perfect! No problem to recognize the Element X and the new firmware was installed at the first try. Very good. Hope the Matrix Audio can update the Android App.

somy

With the new version I can’t seem to play tracks under an artist in Tidal, anybody experienced same problem?

raykkho

Forum Donor
to this day I still cannot update my FW using both Android or iOS.

raykkho

Forum Donor
As a test I found an old iPhone 6, running iOS 12, installed the app. Found the X and identified the FW upgrade needed, but promptly dropped connection after. Everytime is the same, nothing can be done.

Even with an iPhone X with latest iOS my X promptly lost connection after being discovered by the app. Normal operation using Android without any issue.

somy

Hi all, has anyone experienced issue with playback order? For some reason my Element M keeps shuffling the order of tracks when I stream an album or tracks under an artist from Tidal.

Edit: found the issue, the play all button doesn’t reset shuffle flag - I assume it’s a bug.

Last edited:

Arslan

Based on all your experiences, which is the best player to use? Internal Ma Player, Roon, Audirvana or others?
Thanks

somy

Based on all your experiences, which is the best player to use? Internal Ma Player, Roon, Audirvana or others?
Thanks
I haven't tried Roon but based on what I hear from others it's the best. Ma player and Audirvana I certainly recommend Audirvana as I don't feel MA player is matured enough, there are many small issues.

raykkho

Forum Donor
Thanks
I have used MA player, JRiver Media Player and I have lifetime subscription to Roon. Roon is more than just a player, it's more like a huge relational database where you can get information about artists, what they have done as a leader or sideman, if you like these information and like to explore new music or the music you already have, I cannot think of any other that comes close, but at a price of course. Roon also manages and connects your music to multiple compatible playing devices you have. If you just care about hitting play and be done with it, I don't think there is a bad player out there, considering many of them are free that comes with hardware, just perhaps more likely an issue of preference. YMMV.

Top Bottom