• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of RME ADI-2 Pro (comparison to ADI-2 DAC)

Occamsrazor

BTW, does Pro FS version support remote control?

I'm pretty sure it does not, only the DAC version. Which was a pretty important function to me, in fact I am using my ADI-2 DAC with my Logitech Harmony universal remote control.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Shall we say that, in your opinion, the Pro FS version of this DAC is "as good as it gets"? :)
Ideally I would re-measure the "FS" version to be sure. Until then, what you say is a good educated guess for this point in time.

Krunok

Major Contributor
I'm pretty sure it does not, only the DAC version. Which was a pretty important function to me, in fact I am using my ADI-2 DAC with my Logitech Harmony universal remote control.

Thank you! Yes, I agree, for me remote is quite important as well.

Krunok

Major Contributor
Ideally I would re-measure the "FS" version to be sure. Until then, what you say is a good educated guess for this point in time.

I actually made a typo, I meant to say "DAC" version! :)

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I actually made a typo, I meant to say "DAC" version! :)
I can only say as of this time it is my recommendation for best DAC. Over time, I may test other products that do better so I can't give future assurances. :)

sonci

Will there be any teardown of the RME Pro?;)
Is it possible to turn off that display?

Last edited:

Rod

Addicted to Fun and Learning
It has an auto-off feature. If you turn a knob or use the remote in "auto-dark mode enabled" the display will come on for about 10 seconds then turns back off. You can remap keys on the remote to turn this feature on or off or go to the menu for this feature on the main unit by pushing the setup button(setup is also were you remap the remote keys).

Last edited:
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Will there be any teardown of the RME Pro?;)
The DAC was brand new from a member and so I did not attempt to open it and potentially cause its warranty to be voided.

I will open mine though at some point.

Rod

Yes you can turn EQ off in the menu's or use EQ Presets. There is up to 20 saved eq settings so you can save how many you want for the amount of headphones you have or speaker systems. You can also set one of the saved eq settings to flat(same as off?)
You can also remap one of the remote keys for eq. on and off. You can also remap the keys on the remote to recall up to 4 pre-set eq setting.(buttons 1-4 on the remote)

Is there a way to bypass equaliser on DAC?

When I was configuring my eq settings I could push the eq button on the main unit and turn knob #2 to switch between a saved flat or a saved eq to test the sound difference. Or just turn eq on and off. Either way.

Last edited:

Krunok

Major Contributor
Yes you can turn EQ off in the menu's or use EQ Presets. There is up to 20 saved eq settings so you can save how many you want for the amount of headphones you have or speaker systems. You can also set one of the saved eq settings to flat(same as off?)
You can also remap one of the remote keys for eq. on and off. You can also remap the keys on the remote to recall up to 4 pre-set eq setting.(buttons 1-4 on the remote)

When I was configuring my eq settings I could push the eq button on the main unit and turn knob #2 to switch between a saved flat or a saved eq to test the sound difference. Or just turn eq on and off. Either way.

I see, thank you. And can you also put tone controls to defeat?

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Everything is turn -off able , it is a tremendously versatile bit of kit.
Keith

Rod

Keith
You bet it is. So many different options it took me awhile to figure them all out. I had to grudgingly admit my ignorance and grab the manual after I pushed buttons and turned knobs for awhile and came to a conclusion that this is based on a pro model piece of kit and not a plug and play consumer friendly item like my bread toaster.

Last edited:

NTTY

Did you guys play with the Crossfeed function?

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I know exactly what you mean!
I found the ‘block’ diagram really useful, at least then I knew if I was turning the right knob the right way!
Keith

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
You bet it is. So many different options it took me awhile to figure them all out. I had to grudgingly admit my ignorance and grab the manual after I pushed buttons and turned knobs for awhile and came to a conclusion that this is based on a pro model piece of kit and not a plug and play consumer friendly item like my bread toaster.
Definitely. And as complicated the DAC can be, the ADC version is lots more complicated!

Krunok

Major Contributor
Keith

Sure it is. Not that it will sound any better than $80 Topping D10 though, but it would certainly make one much more satisfied to have it, myself included. It's simply in the human nature.. :D

Top Bottom