• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Schiit Midgard Balanced Headphone Amp Review

Rate this headphone amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 49 22.5%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 159 72.9%

• Total voters

Brian Hall

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I may have missed it in my read thru, but are the dimensions of the Midgard the same as the Modius? More specifically, can one swap out the Midgard for the Modius when using the Snake Oil XLR Mini Link?

well, looked at the Mini Link page and they are apparently listed together. So, for anyone else too tired to look, there ya go!

The Midguard and the Modius, along with the Lokius are all the same size and stack well together.

dufferdan

The Midguard and the Modius, along with the Lokius are all the same size and stack well together.
Ya, I have the Snake Oil XLR and it is awesome as my computer desk is packed with my old Late 2015 27” iMac, two other 27” monitors whitch I have connected to the iMac AND my work laptop. Modius/Lokius/Magnius and my older Valhalla 2 all stacked. The Snake Oil connector lets me push the stack to the very back of the desk. More the risk was the XLR connections would not be spaced identically to the Magnius. Then the SO wouldn’t fit.

Jefrpol

Anyone have any thoughts (even better if based upon actual use) as to how well this amp would match up with the DCA ÆON RT? I may be misunderstanding the Midgard review but would the low impedance of the ÆON RT cause troubles for the Midgard?

Last edited:

staticV3

Master Contributor
Anyone have any thoughts (even better if based upon actual use) as to how well this amp would match up with the DCA ÆON RT? I may be misunderstanding the Midgard review but would the low impedance of the ÆON RT cause troubles for the Midgard?
Amir's measurements indicate no issues driving the Aeon RT to extremely loud levels.

Top Bottom