• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sound United U 30 Update (Denon X3800H / X4800H / A1H, Marantz Cinema 50 / 40 / AV 10)

Andysu

Major Contributor
And here is a first video from Masimo Consumer Training.

dirac , is like enemy mine , Screenshot 2023-04-05 08.25.18.png drac they almost sound similar , drac vs dirac i tried drac on stormaudio elite mkIII 32 , it was not easy to install , it was not easy to use it and was also finding technical issues with it and for a , , " for a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled " i would have to have drac Eq used elsewhere in my technically advanced where all other home cinemas would have to live , meet up to as mine is thee high end of end all end games . spare change that guy isn't even at the lower end of the food chain with me

drac i see issues with it . can't just move one single mic in a position and hope , is that what this is all about then , hope for home cinema Eq speakers as this , drac been tested outdoors with speakers ? no i guess it hasn't

I'd rather do manual Eq than auto as auto , well Eq isn't a process that takes less than 1 hour , if anyone says that is true then they are lying .
Eq can take anywhere from many hours of non-stop 24 hrs to several days or if not even a week or month its sound frequency waves and there are many lots of speakers in a room and its highly technical craft

what need is 20,000 Peq bands per channel , i say again what need is 20,000 bands of Peq otherwise what is the point in half doing this Eq

Last edited:

tobby

I have bought my Diract Live licence on Saturday. Is that normal, that I still don't have one assigned? Wrote yesterday to the Dirac company, no response yet. No wonder they can't resolve such an easy think as a transfer of the licence to the new unit, if they can't automate the licence provisioning after the purchase :cool:
Yes, it's not assigned automatically. You always have to do it yourself. After the purchase you should have gotten an E-Mail with your license key. Then you have to login into your Dirac account and paste the key over there to assign it to your account.

Andysu

Major Contributor
drac Screenshot 2023-04-05 08.25.18.png have now really made me angry red faced , no i will not use its rubbish money grabbing eq system , they have basic drac and high end drac eq , oh , its money now grabbing thing . stuff drac . how i have my system is where i get true like pinpoint overhead surround and drac eq or any eq if eq the system ahead of any other additional matrix decoder i use will mess up the logic steering so drac would be utterly useless to me , drac is aimed at " home theatres people " that follow dolby specs , me i bend the rules
so again drac is a no for me . all my eq is done at the other end of my , b-chain and eq is highly complex

screw drac and screw stormaudio , what a scam . i feel like smashing up stormaudio with a hammer i really do feel like smashing up that bullshhhh it , processor i really do . drac have made me very , red faced larva , red face angry

audio hi-fi is scam market for crap rubbish dumb loudspeakers , crap mp3 crap atmos , crap dead auro3d , crap dtsx crap headphones crap hi-fi cars , crap eq , crap 4k , crap 8k crap 500k , crap steaming , crap digital cinemas , crap THX , crap JBL , crap bose , crap klipsch speakers utter crap , crap , crap and mega crap , its easy for drac french to easily push the wrong buttons and seriously pisssssssssssss me off
i-am-really-pissed-off-laurence-fishburne.gif

yeah-keanu-reeves.gif

for a drac Screenshot 2023-04-05 08.25.18.png successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled

Last edited:

tobby

I don't know what you mean by "Dirac vs. Drac". There's only Dirac (with i). And I don't get your rant. What's your point? What problem do you have exactly with Dirac? Must admit I didn't watch your 16 minutes rant video.

-pekr-

Yes, it's not assigned automatically. You always have to do it yourself. After the purchase you should have gotten an E-Mail with your license key. Then you have to login into your Dirac account and paste the key over there to assign it to your account.

I haven't received any email containing the licence key.

tobby

I haven't received any email containing the licence key.
The mail's sender address should be "[email protected]" with the subject saying something like "your order at live.dirac.com" and "product and payment information". Maybe it's in your spam folder? If not then yes, then there seems to be something broken. :(

-pekr-

The mail's sender address should be "[email protected]" with the subject saying something like "your order at live.dirac.com" and "product and payment information". Maybe it's in your spam folder? If not then yes, then there seems to be something broken. :(

Ha! Thank you, yes, this email was in my spam folder :-( My apologies go to the Dirac company for a false accusations ......

broncogr

Firmware from 05.04.2023 (U30.05)
HEOS iOS App (2.98.130)
HEOS Android App / Kindle Fire App (2.98.130)
HEOS Firmware: HS2 devices (2.98.130)
HEOS FY23 AVR (2.98.132)
Households with only HS1 devices will remain on version 1.583.147 (U25.10)
Households with both HS1 and HS2 devices, HS1 devices will remain on 2.71.510 (U29.3)
  • Fixed: After updating to U30, the "Quick Select" option will not save Levels or Distance setting.
  • Fixed: Set "Subwoofers" to "2spks" in "Speakers" > "Manual Setup" > "Speaker Layout", once configured to front/rear layout, the left/right layout cannot be stored anymore.
  • Fixed: HEOS module for product function (Factory Restore).
FY23 AVR - Please note before updating to U30.05 in relation to the "Quick Select" fix mentioned above.
1) If AVR has set "Audyssey Setup", please operate "Audyssey Setup Restore" again.
2) If AVR has not set "Audyssey Setup", please set "Distance" and "Level" manually again.

Other bugfixes and performance improvements

tobby

but with regards to spending out on stormaudio elite mkIII 32 , that supports drac live eq and yet after the hassle to install on stromaudio elite mkIII 32 , yet never sent me any activation key what so ever not in spam folder nothing
First: Dirac, not Drac.
Second: This thread is about firmware U30 for Denon and Marantz AVRs. Maybe you are in the wrong thread with your discussion about the stormaudio device?

-Matt-

Addicted to Fun and Learning
drac View attachment 277206 have now really made me angry red faced , no i will not use its rubbish money grabbing eq system , they have basic drac and high end drac eq , oh , its money now grabbing thing . stuff drac . how i have my system is where i get true like pinpoint overhead surround and drac eq or any eq if eq the system ahead of any other additional matrix decoder i use will mess up the logic steering so drac would be utterly useless to me , drac is aimed at " home theatres people " that follow dolby specs , me i bend the rules
so again drac is a no for me . all my eq is done at the other end of my , b-chain and eq is highly complex

screw drac and screw stormaudio , what a scam . i feel like smashing up stormaudio with a hammer i really do feel like smashing up that bullshhhh it , processor i really do . drac have made me very , red faced larva , red face angry

audio hi-fi is scam market for crap rubbish dumb loudspeakers , crap mp3 crap atmos , crap dead auro3d , crap dtsx crap headphones crap hi-fi cars , crap eq , crap 4k , crap 8k crap 500k , crap steaming , crap digital cinemas , crap THX , crap JBL , crap bose , crap klipsch speakers utter crap , crap , crap and mega crap , its easy for drac french to easily push the wrong buttons and seriously pisssssssssssss me off
View attachment 277203
View attachment 277204

for a drac View attachment 277206 successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled

Sorry for your frustration.

Please don't smash up your Storm Audio - send it to me instead! :p

onion

Seems that this feature (being able to send the LFE signal to bass-capable speakers) is also available with the X3800H menu

Dougey_Jones

Forum Donor
Can you get someone (wife) to do the switching for a blind test, please?

I wonder if it would be easy enough to level match though.

If you set both to correct full range, the difference will mostly be so abvious that blind test is not needed but which will sound better is still going to be subjective. To me Dirac correction full range sounds better.
I also like Dirac's full range correction, and I have very neutral speakers with good directivity.

Newman

Major Contributor
...originally very neutral speakers, LOL

Andysu

Major Contributor
...originally very neutral speakers, LOL
i know EQ when not done or we may have all been mislead , the stages to EQ a speaker electronically to get the imperfections at the best technical tolerances will need a lot more than this presently useless home cinema EQ , behringer DCX not enough PEQ filter bands , behringer FBQ seems to have enough but not enough to easily program each PEQ as it offers 20 PEQ per channel A and another 20 PEQ on channel B , even if daisy chain channel A with channel B for 40 PEQ still isn't enough , even thou can dial though the PEQ frequency band filters looks like enough , just can't use them all unless connecting another FBQ together to give 80 PEQ bands , still isn't enough and now the EQ is 2U frame

MiniC

Regarding Audyssey DEQ, I was a big fan of DEQ because I listen mostly at low volume, like between -25dB to -35dB. With Dirac I haven't missed DEQ not even a single millisecond. I watched yesterday the whole S2 of Shadow and Bone and it sounded FANTASTIC with Dirac. Bass was plenty strong and very well define. Dialogs are crips and sharp without causing ear fatigue. Also listened to music while biking indoors, and same feeling. AURO 3D sounds amazing with Dirac, much better than with Audyssey. BTW, I'm not trying to convince anyone that Dirac is better than Audyssey but in my case, it is. I have ZERO regrets about paying $350 for the Dirac License. In fact, I think it was worthy and I will do it again if I decide to change my living room X4700H with another X4800H.
I’ve just purchase Dirac for my x4800h.
‘Once I get the rug for my rear surround this wkend, will run the cal.
Since I spend on my speakers and avr, just spend the little extra to complete the package.

davidc

Forum Donor
Can DBLC work with full range speakers without subs? I have VMPS Super Tower III speakers which are capable of extremely low freq at very high output and am satisfied with them. While I would like to put separate subs in the room to achieve flatter freq response without room compensation, the wife acceptance factor won't allow it. Currently have a Denon 4700 and am considering upgrading to the 4800 in order to get Dirac Live.

ban25

Can DBLC work with full range speakers without subs? I have VMPS Super Tower III speakers which are capable of extremely low freq at very high output and am satisfied with them. While I would like to put separate subs in the room to achieve flatter freq response without room compensation, the wife acceptance factor won't allow it. Currently have a Denon 4700 and am considering upgrading to the 4800 in order to get Dirac Live.
If you don't have subs, you don't need DLBC, you will be fine with just Dirac Live.

EWL5

I'm color deficient (as are 8% of all men). Is there a way to know which curve is which?

Audyssey starts as the bottom curve and reverses to the top at the 85Hz mark. There's quite a bit of back and forth b/w the Audyssey and Dirac curve until the 5k Hz mark, where Audyssey ends up as the bottom curve again.

I may not be color-blind but red and green are the classic colors that color-deficient folks have trouble with.

Top Bottom