• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TANCHJIM Space Portable Headphone Adapter Review

Rate this DAC & HP Amp

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 34 12.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 244 86.5%

• Total voters

xray

I bought a Tester. I discovered most of my cheaper USB-C to USB-C cables were USB-1,2. Some supported PD, some did not. A couple were power only. Only a few supported USB-3.

I also found a couple that were intermitant. When plugged into the tester, I could gently rock the USB-C connector back and forth and watch the LEDs flicker.
The power only ones are handy for public charge stations for safe charging.

megapro17

The power only ones are handy for public charge stations for safe charging.
No, that's useless, it will charge your phone with only 2.5 watts which will take ages to fill up battery even for a bit

xray

No, that's useless, it will charge your phone with only 2.5 watts which will take ages to fill up battery even for a bit
How is that useless vs being out of power or risking security by using a data cable?

megapro17

How is that useless vs being out of power or risking security by using a data cable?
If you are so unreasonably afraid of attack with near-zero probability then take your own power bank

xray

If you are so unreasonably afraid of attack with near-zero probability then take your own power bank
If you had your own charger or power pack you wouldn't need to use a public charging station in the first place. You are arguing a completely different use case.

Yanec

Pressing both buttons on my unit cycles through filters. At each change the LED blinks. When it wraps around, it blinks twice. There are 5 filters in total. Below are their frequency and impulse responses. I named the filters f1, f2, ..., starting from the one with double blink.

Disclosure: the procedure (described below) may have some flaws I'm not aware of. The results look reasonable though, so there's that.

View attachment 355119
View attachment 355120
View attachment 355121

For frequency response I used SoX to generate one minute of white noise at 44.1 kHz sampling rate, -10 dBFS sample peak (-5.3 dBTP, -14.9 RMS).
I played it at full volume and recorded with ADI-2 Pro RS R BE at 384 kHz sampling rate. Ref Level was set to +13 dBu.

For impulse response I used SoX to generate two seconds of silence with a one-sample impulse in the middle at 44.1 kHz sampling rate, -2 dBFS sample peak.
I recorded it like above and then added 4.4 dB gain (that's the difference between DAC's max output and +13 dBu Ref Level).
On Android at least you can change them in the application and it shows you which one you are using.

Top Bottom