• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping DM7 availability

al2002

I am in the market for a Topping DM7 eight channel DAC, but can’t find a black one. Amazon has silver ones, but no one seems to have them in black finish I did not see the DM7 listed on Topping’s website. Anyone know what’s going on? Is it discontinued already? If so, what will replace it?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

staticV3

Master Contributor

The DM7 seems to be out of production.

If you can compromise on the color, it would probably be smart to buy a silver DM7 before stock of that runs out as well.

ppataki

Major Contributor
I have contacted Topping about this question, apparently they have stopped production but more importantly, they are not even considering having a replacement product:

1713438944145.png

I think this is really worrisome since we will be left with no (near) SOTA multichannel DAC on the market.... (except for the Okto DAC8 Pro for 1600 EUR....)
I hope this is not happening because of the pressure of home theater manufacturers

@TOPPING-Service I would appreciate some further comments on this please
Thank you

boxerfan88

I think the demand is too low to sustain the product life.

I also wanted black to match my other gears, but the blacks were already OOS end of last year. I pulled the trigger on a silver unit during the 12.12 sale. The silver looks quite okay. The DM7 is pretty well made.

If you need it, quickly buy it before OOS.

Last edited:

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
See post #3 :)
I did, it won't be new version of DM7 family but might be something totally different. It might just be a rumor, someone said it last weekend in a weekly music meet.

Example:
Old/Current Amp naming - PAx / LAx
New Topping Power Amp naming - B100 & B200.

terryforsythe

Forum Donor
I pulled the trigger. I found a black one on walmart.com.

Walmart has shipped to me a wrong item before. Hopefully they get this order correct.

terryforsythe

Forum Donor
My DM7 (black) arrived yesterday - Walmart is a tad bit slower than Amazon.

The sticker on the box indicates MODEL: DM7 BK EU.

"DM7" and "BK" are correct, but the "EU" had me a little concerned (as noted, Walmart has shipped me a wrong item before). I opened up the package and it does have a U.S. power cord. I'm not sure why it has "EU" in the model number. If anyone else knows, please explain.

dartinbout

This was always a niche model. I had the Okto 8 but sold it and replaced it with the DM7 for half the price. I am absolutely dead center of this niche. I have a massive amount of 5.1 music and video. If the underlying dream of living in a quantum metaverse is that you can will yourself into a universe where you can manifest specific toys, that you want, the DM7 is mine. To all of you who are happily enjoying this product, you're welcome. o_O

OP
A

al2002

Thanks to all who replied. Yes, it’s seems the DM7 is EOL, so if you need one it’s now or never.

Top Bottom