• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

HIGH END Munich 2024

JoetheLion

Forum Donor

Colonel7

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Is there still no thread here about the High End in Munich, which starts in just over a week?

The number of announcements is slowly increasing, for example Dynaudio:

It was rumored that Dutch & Dutch is going to demo the new larger version of the 8c. I wonder if this is happening?

napfkuchen

Is there an audio show near Frankfurt this year? I'd like to hear what else is out there without any real interest in buying. Don't want to waste a dealer's time...

Grotti

Forum Donor
Markus Grelka (pure acourate sound) is known for his close relationship to Joachim Gerhard (audio physic, Suesskind etc ). In other words to the subjective side of the spectrum. I wonder, wether the impact of sites like ASR on the business has become so big, that the use of science and the proof of claims will be the unique selling point for new companies entering the shark tank.

This would be a huge step in the right direction. Keep going, @amirm ;)

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I understand that the new Pure Acourate Sound speaker will debut at the show. This is a new DSP controlled multichannel active speaker designed as a collaboration between several well known firms - Klippel (measurement equipment), AudioVero (DSP), Purifi (amps), Okto (DAC's), SEAS (drivers).

Pure Acourate Sound
I have been chatting to them, looks interesting not cheap though and I believe you need to have Accurate running all the time for the crossovers?
Early
IMG_3511.jpeg
measurements with the Klippel NFS.
Keith

Keith_W

Major Contributor
I have been chatting to them, looks interesting not cheap though and I believe you need to have Accurate running all the time for the crossovers?

You need some kind of convolver running all the time for the crossovers. The website says Acourate Convolver. But I don't see what would stop you from using Camilla, Hang Loose, HQPlayer, or anything else that you like.

DTTOM37

I understand that the new Pure Acourate Sound speaker will debut at the show. This is a new DSP controlled multichannel active speaker designed as a collaboration between several well known firms - Klippel (measurement equipment), AudioVero (DSP), Purifi (amps), Okto (DAC's), SEAS (drivers).

Pure Acourate Sound

Pure Acourate Sound Project (PASP)

I was lucky and visited them (Markus & Daniela @ Rose-Handwerk) a fortnight ago. Impressive and brilliant performance in my subjective opinion, you may want to check out their (PASP) presence in Hall 3, Box K05 at MHE 2024.

A brief summary:

- The 3-way fully active design setup consists of multiple 10”PuRifi Ushindi chassis, with 2 active transducers per speaker, combined with 4x10” aluminum coned passive radiators per unit. (These PR are not yet available at the PuRiFi-Audio website).

- The midrange/tweeter arrangement in d’Appolito MTM design consists of the Viawave tweeter WRT145.8 sitting between a pair of aluminum coned 6.5” Ushindi chassis optimized for midrange use.

- Markus runs them with a triplet PuRiFi 1ET400A driven Class D power amplifiers, As such, the audio hardware is predominantly PuRiFi, with a dip of Viawave (tweeter) plus the Okto Research DAC8 pro, with cabling provided through XLR and SpeakOn connectors from professional audio sources.

- The system is shown in a dedicated, purpose build listening space, adjusted by Audiovero's Acourate DRC software, which also provides a fully fresh x-over design by Dr. Uli Brüggemanm. x-overs are 300hz and 2000hz.

- Dr: Brüggemann will talk (in German) about his involvement in PASP at the XPERT stage at the 10th of May @ the MHE presss centre at 12h sharp, where he follows directly after the presentation by Klippel’s Ellis Blackford Strout at 11h sharp (in English).

- AFAIK the boxes at MHE, the team may have a lot of adjustements to do in order to provide a performance as good as it had been in Meschede ;-)

I am confident they will make you smile

edit: typos

Last edited:

Markus Grelka

Audio Company
Hi guys, if our project is already being talked about here, I would be happy if I can answer any questions about it. Briefly about myself. I have been making speakers for 37 years and have been working closely with Joachim Gerhard (founder of AudioPhysik, sonics and SuesskindAudio) for several years. This year we are presenting the “Pure Acourate Sound Project” in Munich. based on Dr. Uli Brüggemann's well-known DSP "Acourate". Informationen here www.pureacouratesound.com

Markus Grelka

Audio Company
You need some kind of convolver running all the time for the crossovers. The website says Acourate Convolver. But I don't see what would stop you from using Camilla, Hang Loose, HQPlayer, or anything else that you like.
The convolution is compatible with roon, hqplayer, jriver, camilla etc... even sure with Uli´s convolver. we use 256k tabs www.audiovero.de

DTTOM37

Pure Acourate Sound Project (PASP)

I was lucky and visited them (Markus & Daniela @ Rose-Handwerk) a fortnight ago. Impressive and brilliant performance in my subjective opinion, you may want to check out their (PASP) presence in Hall 3, Box K05 at MHE 2024.

A brief summary:

- The 3-way fully active design setup consists of multiple 10”PuRifi Ushindi chassis, with 2 active transducers per speaker, combined with 4x10” aluminum coned passive radiators per unit. (These PR are not yet available at the PuRiFi-Audio website).

- The midrange/tweeter arrangement in d’Appolito MTM design consists of the Viawave tweeter WRT145.8 sitting between a pair of aluminum coned 6.5” Ushindi chassis optimized for midrange use.

- Markus runs them with a triplet PuRiFi 1ET400A driven Class D power amplifiers, As such, the audio hardware is predominantly PuRiFi, with a dip of Viawave (tweeter) plus the Okto Research DAC8 pro, with cabling provided through XLR and SpeakOn connectors from professional audio sources.

- The system is shown in a dedicated, purpose build listening space, adjusted by Audiovero's Acourate DRC software, which also provides a fully fresh x-over design by Dr. Uli Brüggemanm. x-overs are 300hz and 2000hz.

- Dr: Brüggemann will talk (in German) about his involvement in PASP at the XPERT stage at the 10th of May @ the MHE presss centre at 12h sharp, where he follows directly after the presentation by Klippel’s Ellis Blackford Strout at 11h sharp (in English).

- AFAIK the boxes at MHE, the team may have a lot of adjustements to do in order to provide a performance as good as it had been in Meschede ;-)

I am confident they will make you smile

edit: typos
Here is the full tread about the visit

Bleib

Major Contributor
Guru Audio will be there
1715144479123.jpeg

ppataki

Major Contributor
I will visit the München High-End Show with some friends on Friday
If anybody from ASR will be there on Friday and wants to meet up please send me a PM
I hope to bump into some fellow ASR folks there! :)

ShadowFiend

I visit Munich Highend today. New Vivid one speaker is really good, especially bass. Their bass articulation is so great, even at very high volume, which no speaker in the show can do well. The only problem is to show the loudspeaker’s ability, they turn the volume up too much, which is uncomfortable for me.

Attending the show confirms me that the only way to get life-like dynamic is through sufficiently big horn speaker. Of course, many horn speakers are not well-designed, but good ones can fool people that they are listening to a real instrument or voice, even in terrible environment like in audio shows. And if you want 3d soundstage, then dipole is a great choice as competent ones (LX521, IO design, Lyngdorf) are all great at it.

The most balanced and high quality I heard in this shows is from Grimm Audio, SoulNote audio (electronics) + YGAcoustics (loudspeaker), IO Design Naked RS speaker (no baffle dipole) and Linkwitz LX521 (technically not in the audio shows, but only a distance of 30m from Munich Highend), Aries Cerat huge horn system. Perlisten’room with Trinnov is also very good

The Wilson speaker, I think it is a flagship one, is very good in the room with CH Precision’s electronics

The most disappointment is YG Acoustics room, when they pair their flagship loudspeaker with tube amps, and foolish enough to play a fast, dense and high transient music to demonstrate its quality. No wonder why the sound is dirty, slow.

The most bizarre one is the 1.2M-price huge horn system called “Super Dragon” from ESD audio. On one track, it create the most life-like thing I have heard in this show, the next track (piano) is unbelievably bad when the bass can not keep up with upper freuquency from horn and then sounds dirty and ponderous.
And I find a funny trend of this year is speaker with textreme cone drivers for true HighEnd and Purifi + AMT drivers for MidHighend.

Last edited:

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I may be one of the few here who enjoys videos of audio shows. But if anyone else is interested, Audiophile Junkie is my go-to for the most extensive show coverage.
He covers pretty much every audio show. Here's Munich so far:

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
MBL Extremes from the show.

Even on youtube recording that MBL clarity and lack of box coloration comes through IMO. More "live" sounding than most:

sweetsounds

MBL Extremes from the show.

Even on youtube recording that MBL clarity and lack of box coloration comes through IMO. More "live" sounding than most:
It is a quite colored speaker IMHO, but in an unique way. Some frequencies stand out and give this a punchy, maybe grainy sound.

After a while I always have the feeling of an amplified concert rather than natural sounds, but I do understand, why people like it. It's impressive when played loud.

Anton D

It is a quite colored speaker IMHO, but in an unique way. Some frequencies stand out and give this a punchy, maybe grainy sound.

After a while I always have the feeling of an amplified concert rather than natural sounds, but I do understand, why people like it. It's impressive when played loud.
Not an insult to MBL, but I sort of think of them as Bose for rich people.

Top Bottom