• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 282 59.0%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 174 36.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 15 3.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%

• Total voters

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Company car too! ;)

1713515216959.png
Oh sweet, check out the patina !!!
Was that painted at the in-house shop with his speakers? ROTF

CedarX

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Eric's response:
This is laughable! Eighteen 'product of the year awards' and you wonder if I have any measurements? Erin and Amir would have to work eight hours a day for 10 years to equal the loudspeaker measurements I've taken over my career. Furthermore, I have people that will support this. Also consider this... we have produced 1000's and 1000's of loudspeakers with every one carefully measured before they ship to clients. We have five Audiomatica electro-acoustical machines here; they're Italian, like my car.
Interestingly, with the addition of computer-controlled turntables the Audiomatica CLIO and CLIO Pocket can generate an ANSI/CEA 2034A-compliant Spinorama plot using a Scilab script:

If they have 5 of these, Mr. Alexander should at least know what a “Spinorama” is, even if they don’t have the required computer turntables (he does not mention them in the response).

And if every speaker is carefully measured, that would include the actual M-Lore and Troubadour measured by Amir & Erin: did Mr. Alexander ask for serial numbers to compare to his production measurements?

[EDIT] Apologies, that would be a rational behavior…

Kaligogrrrrr

Home audio is not such a mystery anymore as it was even two decades ago, thanks to places like this and folk like Amir.

There's no magic or mystique, for many years folk have made a LOOOOOOOOT of UNJUST money based on the latter and that's NOT DEBATABLE 'OPINION' anymore.

Those times are coming to a sharp end, no pun, and unscrupulous folk are panicking.

I love watching this happen in real time.

It's 2024, audio reproduction is not complex or untrodden territory by comparison to 30 years ago. It does not need to be expensive and there's not much need for innovation since, it just works if it's done right LOL - this is gonna save a lot of folk from WASTING money and prevent a lot of folk from getting away with taking money from people unjustly.

No idea exactly what's going on in this thread but it seems like the same old shit at face value... And it is old now.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Interestingly, with the addition of computer-controlled turntables the Audiomatica CLIO and CLIO Pocket can generate an ANSI/CEA 2034A-compliant Spinorama plot using a Scilab script:

If they have 5 of these, Mr. Alexander should at least know what a “Spinorama” is, even if they don’t have the required computer turntables (he does not mention them in the response).

And if every speaker is carefully measured, that would include the actual M-Lore and Troubadour measured by Amir & Erin: did Mr. Alexander ask for serial numbers to compare to his production measurements?

[EDIT] Apologies, that would be a rational behavior…

But does it the same math as a klippel? So does it give anechoic data?

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
But does it the same math as a klippel? So does it give anechoic data?
CLIO uses classic gating so its usually used in normal rooms for above the bass and is not different to other even free tools where you can also do similar:

tomtoo

Major Contributor
CLIO uses classic gating so its usually used in normal rooms for above the bass and is not different to other even free tools where you can also do similar:

Thx!

MoreWatts

Forum Donor
The cycling industry is also rife with subjective BS. Nobody wins the Tour de France because their bicycle is 'better' than all others, despite the claims of marketing departments. Just like properly designed audio amplifiers, bicycles built to a purpose are more alike than different.

An engineer named Hambini has a YouTube channel (and website, Instagram, etc. -- links at this YT site) where he reviews hyped and over-priced bicycle products and 'reams' them if they are poorly made or the claims are false. Hambini is essentially 'Bicycle Science Review.' He takes measurements and then analyzes products with diagrammatic explanations and, oh my, mathematical equations. Like Amir, the products are sent to him by consumers, sometimes he buys them, and some companies have him evaluate gear before market. Admittedly, his style is abrasive and outrageous, in contrast to Amir and Erin.

He gave a poor review to after-market 'rear derailleur pulleys' from a company called Absolute Black. These are the 2 little sprockets on the rear gear changer. High priced 'upgraded' versions are available from several companies, with unsubstantiated claims of less friction, improved shifting, and/or improved aerodynamics. The cycling industry equivalent to audiophile fuses, for example.

He recently received a 'cease and desist' order from Absolute Black's lawyers. But before they did that, they went to extreme measures to discredit him. They created a website, with his name, to attack him. They stalked him, on video, as he rode his bicycle from his home, to a cafe, and then to his place of regular employment (he has a 'day job', so to speak).

They attacked his engineering credentials. They also accused him of EU tax evasion, because he makes and sells custom 'bottom brackets' which are designed to fix poorly manufactured, but expensive, carbon fiber bicycle frames. (The cycling industry, in general, has issues with making a round and symmetrical hole for bottom brackets/cranksets in carbon fiber bicycles).

The cycling industry MAFIA stalks Hambini. At this point, ASR, Amir and Erin are lucky that this Tekton mess is still just a war of words. Keep up the good fight Amir.

Here is his ~12 minute video which describes the experience in more detail.

Last edited:

Inertiaman

Forum Donor
The cycling industry is also rife with subjective BS. Nobody wins the Tour de France because their bicycle is 'better' than all others, despite the claims of marketing departments. Just like properly designed audio amplifiers, bicycles built to a purpose are more alike than different.

An engineer named Hambini has a YouTube channel (and website, Instagram, etc. -- links at this YT site) where he reviews hyped and over-priced bicycle products and 'reams' them if they are poorly made or the claims are false. Hambini is essentially 'Bicycle Science Review.' He takes measurements and then analyzes products with diagrammitc explanations and, oh my, mathematical equations. Like Amir, the products are sent to him by consumers, sometimes he buys them, and some companies have him evaluate gear before market. Admittedly, his style is abrasive and outrageous, in contrast to Amir.

He gave a poor review to after-market 'rear derailleur pulleys' from a company called Absolute Black. These are the 2 little sprockets on the rear gear changer. High priced 'upgraded' versions are available from several companies, with unsubstantiated claims of less friction, improved shifting, and/or improved aerodynamics. The cycling industry equivalent to audiophile fuses, for example.

He recently received a 'cease and desist' order from Absolute Black's lawyers. But before they did that, they went to extreme measures to discredit him. They created a website, with his name, to attack him. They stalked him, on video, as he rode his bicycle from his home, to a cafe, and then to his place of regular employment (he has a 'day job', so to speak).

They attacked his engineering credentials. They also accused him of EU tax evasion, because he makes and sells custom 'bottom brackets' which are designed to fix poorly manufactured, but expensive, carbon fiber bicycle frames. (The cycling industry, in general, has issues with making a round and symmetrical hole for bottom brackets/cranksets in carbon fiber bicycles).

The cycling industry MAFIA stalks Hambini. At this point, ASR, Amir and Erin are lucky that this Tekton mess is still just a war of words. Keep up the good fight Amir.

Here is his ~12 minute video which describes the experience in more detail. If you go to YouTube to watch the video, you can see on the sidebar recommendations for videos by other YouTubers which address the general shoddiness of manufacturing and unsubstantiated claims in the cycling industry.

Hmm . . . based on your username, I suspect you may be a troll from AbsoluteBlack! :)

Seriously though, I've always liked Hambini, but as you point out, he is WAY more bombastic than Erin or Amir. His normal video sign off is "If you liked this video, please click the LIKE below, and if you didn't like it, F&*# off". Makes me smile every time.

MoreWatts

Forum Donor
Hmm . . . based on your username, I suspect you may be a troll from AbsoluteBlack! :)
In both of my primary pastimes, 'more watts' can often fix performance issues. ;)

Somafunk

Major Contributor
An engineer named Hambini has a YouTube channel (and website, Instagram, etc. -- links at this YT site) where he reviews hyped and over-priced bicycle products and 'reams' them if they are poorly made or the claims are false.

I always enjoy a hambini video, especially when pen is working.

AndyLu

Forum Donor
As far as I can see Eric closed the comment sections for all Tekton YouTube videos as well. Until recently the comment sections where still open, but where (not surprisingly) flooded with negative comments towards Eric. It looks like irrepairable damage for Tekton at this point.

1713565983395.png

napfkuchen

Nice. Came here for the trypophobia reference. Not disappointed. A++++
Wow. After taking a test for trypophobia, I have to give Tekton credit that the speakers are ugly but safe for me. However, small, irregular hole patterns make me feel disgusted and sick immediately. :eek: The last time I felt this way was when my 3D glasses lost tracking during a race and I suddenly (virtually) hung out of the car. Not pleasant. Speaking of "not pleasant". Eric... Also a pattern.:cool:

Top Bottom