• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 284 58.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 176 36.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 15 3.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%

• Total voters

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It has no practical importance, but characterizing the Facebook members he's blocked from the company's public pages as having engaged in "hate speech" is libel.

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It has no practical importance, but characterizing the Facebook members he's blocked from the company's public pages as having engaged in "hate speech" is libel.
Not legally, but certainly a ridiculous description.

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Not legally, but certainly a ridiculous description.

If a libel or defamation case were brought against him for characterizing folk he's banned as purveyors of hate speech, none of us could predict the outcome, but I would be quite confident that such a case at least would survive a motion to dismiss.

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
If a libel or defamation case were brought against him for characterizing folk he's banned as purveyors of hate speech, none of us could predict the outcome, but I would be quite confident that such a case at least would survive a motion to dismiss.
Entirely hypothetical, alas, but i'd bet against that unless the accusation were more generalized than just on his FB page. One of the problems with 'hate speech' is that it is unclear in definition, public in nature, and reflects opinion, unlike 'he beats his wife regularly'.

“The publication of defamatory matter that consists of comment and opinion, as distinguished from fact, with reference to matters of public interest and concern, provided they do so fairly and with an honest purpose, are not libelous, however severe in their terms, unless they are written maliciously” (Associated Press Style and Libel Guide 251).

MALICIOUS means that the writer knew the information was false and only wrote it to injure the person being written about.

CedarX

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
From another one of his blog posts, I did not know about these circa 2010-2017 “Open Baffle” designs:
1714752696412.png

1714752810161.png

Another unconventional design?

I also noticed that Tekton did publish measurements 15 years ago:
Fostex FE126E & dual 10-inch subwoofer home theater system (Oct 2009)
1714752902064.png

Reactions: YSC

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Entirely hypothetical, alas, but i'd bet against that unless the accusation were more generalized than just on his FB page. One of the problems with 'hate speech' is that it is unclear in definition, public in nature, and reflects opinion, unlike 'he beats his wife regularly'.

Right, so we're both "betting" as regards our understanding of the law, and our own experience with suits (at least in my case). So your initial "not legally" was an overarching claim that reflected more certainty that you can actually support.

Duke

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
From another one of his blog posts, I did not know about these circa 2010-2017 “Open Baffle” designs:
View attachment 367382
View attachment 367385
Another unconventional design?

Very interesting!

If there is overlap between the frequency ranges covered by the open-baffle cone and the upfiring cone in the box, the upfiring cone would (presumably) be cancelling the out-of-phase backwave of the open-baffle cone, which would enable a cardioid-like net result (limited of course to the region of overlap).

Vladimir Filevski

Addicted to Fun and Learning
We have the measuerments what happens. So why go on talk shit about it?
? I was just explaining the general case. Depending on the number of (unsealed) holes and their diameter, negative consequence may be very small, small, medium or large. Here, it was very small, but nevertheless, Tekton is to blame (for bad design and/or not supplying the feet), not Amir.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
? I was just explaining the general case. Depending on the number of (unsealed) holes and their diameter, negative consequence may be very small, small, medium or large. Here, it was very small, but nevertheless, Tekton is to blame (for bad design and/or not supplying the feet), not Amir.

We had two examples with both it was nearly nothing. So you should not drill holes in a speaker case. But as long they are small the influence is near zero. What is interesting to have learned. I had overestimated the influence. Thats why measurements are so importend. Peace.

Axo1989

Major Contributor

Regardless of the legal outcome, the implicit self-aggrandisement is characteristic for sure.

YSC

Major Contributor
lol just saw in FB he insisted that leaving the "problematic" holes unattained isn't his design fault but Erin and Amirm's fault, I just can't get my mind. the original poster says well, if the holes must be plugged by something, it should be warned in the manual, which isn't, if it is not warned upon purchase, either it have no effect at all, or it should be sealed by some sort of inserts, I am wondering if I buy a car, and the brakes are optional and not included out of the box...

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
To be honest i did not know them. But they have the orangutan line of speakers they have to be impressive.;)
In total seriousness, I'd like to hear a pair. But, dollar for dollar, I think a pair of, e.g., Altec Valencias would be neck and neck with them, and - although a pair of "A" morph Valencias ain't cheap nowadays - one would still be left with far, far more foldin' money in one's billfold with the Altecs vis-a-vis the Orangutans!

:cool:

(full disclosure: I am a former Valencia owner & I still have a pair of broadly similar Altec Santiagos)

Top Bottom