• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buchardt A10 Active Speakers

DearSX

Feels kind of a poor man's D&D 8C
Yeah, part of the reason I went ahead and ordered the A10. I have the KH 120ii and I think they are the best 5" speakers I have heard, these look like they could perform similarly but more extended and much better looking IMO. If they don't sound better (to me) than the KH 120ii, I'm returning them and getting the KH150 or KH310 ii or something similar.

Its great to the have the amps, pre, DAC, DSP, Room correction, streaming etc. all in one full range, pretty, small, wireless speaker set! Well worth it to me to simplify things.

Last edited:

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Yeah, part of the reason I went ahead and ordered the A10. I have the KH 120ii and I think they are the best 5" speakers I have heard, these look like they could perform similarly but more extended and much better looking IMO. If they don't sound better (to me) than the KH 120ii, I'm returning them and getting the KH150 or KH310 ii or something similar.

Its great to the have the amps, pre, DAC, DSP, Room correction, streaming etc. all in one full range, pretty, small, wireless speaker set! Well worth it to me to simplify things.
I'd only buy a pro studio monitor, I wouldn't touch an audiophile active speaker for reliability reasons alone

Last edited:

AudioJester

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I'd only buy a pro studio monitor, I wouldn't touch an audiophile active speaker for reliability reasons alone
Lol, seems like you just talk and dont touch anything!

I own 3 sets of active pro monitors. None come close to the look of the A10, that is a work of art in any lounge room.

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Lol, seems like you just talk and dont touch anything!

I own 3 sets of active pro monitors. None come close to the look of the A10, that is a work of art in any lounge room.
I'm happy for you that the looks of the speakers matter the most to you .
I'm more into SQ and reliability.

AudioJester

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I'm happy for you that the looks of the speakers matter the most to you .

Err, thats not what I said at all.....

I'm more into SQ and reliability

Well, maybe talking endlessly/repeatedly about it.

But I think Buchardt has a very good 10yr warranty and also a good Reputation for customer support/back-up. So while an "audiophile active speaker", I would not hesitate to recommend them in the same breath as Neuman/Genelec for a typical home lounge setup. And they do look superb!

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Err, thats not what I said at all.....

Well, maybe talking endlessly/repeatedly about it.

But I think Buchardt has a very good 10yr warranty and also a good Reputation for customer support/back-up. So while an "audiophile active speaker", I would not hesitate to recommend them in the same breath as Neuman/Genelec for a typical home lounge setup. And they do look superb!
Why do you keep repeating this BS
"Well, maybe talking endlessly/repeatedly about it."?

VintageFlanker

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
That's the only information I have right now
Also I've read many times that their tweeter is pretty dull and lacks details
That's a weird reasoning, to say the least.

We got measurements of their active speakers, such as A500 and A500 Signature (speakers that you ever listened to?). There's absolutely no indication saying that their tweeter would lack details. But, (BTW, as a Gen fanboy ;)), you prefer to point to a random subjectivist youtuber? Seriously?

Last edited:

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Isn't that exactly what you do? Same questions with minor variations, again and again and again? I'm not judging though, you do you.
Wow
I'm asking questions in a forum that's meant just for that , how horrible of me.
Yeah "not judging " at all

kma100

Forum Donor
I think you came across as condescending..."I'm happy for you that the looks of the speakers matter the most to you". That was never the criteria.

And yes, you do ask the same questions phrased differently over and over again. My suggestion is that you buy the Genelecs you can afford and live with them for 6-12 months. Who knows...you might find them to be OK at best!

Last edited:

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
I think you came across as condescending..."I'm happy for you that the looks of the speakers matter the most to you". That was never the criteria.

And yes, you do ask the same questions phrased differently over and over again. My suggestion is that you buy the Genelecs you can afford and live with them for 6-12 months. Who knows...you might find them to be OK at best!
After he wrote (for no reason )
"Lol, seems like you just talk and dont touch anything"
I replied with sarcasm with :" happy for you that the looks of the speakers matter the most to you"
So nothing condescending about that .
What is condescending is your comment: :"And yes, you do ask the same questions phrased differently over and over again"
I don't know how to tell you this but I'll ask what I want , when I want and how much I want .

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
At first I thought you were jumping the couch. Then I remembered the original LS50 wireless had major reliability problems. In this price range I like the JBL708P although the Neumann KH150 looks pretty good too.

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
At first I thought you were jumping the couch. Then I remembered the original LS50 wireless had major reliability problems. In this price range I like the JBL708P although the Neumann KH150 looks pretty good too.
Finally someone who agrees with me

DearSX

It is not uncommon for even companies with great reliability records to run into quality issues with new products. My 25 and 40 year old Toyotas are proof of this, they have a few reliability short comings, but not enough to keep them off the road, thankfully!

The A500 has been using proven (tested and refined) technology for several years. The A10 uses new amps and components so the warranty and reputation of the company will come into play here. Glad that the company has now been around 10 years and the speakers come with good warranties. Honestly I am not sure I will keep them long enough to worry about the warranty expiration, cause I am looking at KH 420 II down the line, or maybe not, maybe these are the Mad good! lol!

Last edited:

VintageFlanker

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Measurements posted by manufacturer:
1000025385.png
1000025386.png
1000025387.png

DearSX

Radiation will be very interesting and distortion info. Looks like +/- 50 degrees. Mine are expected to ship next week, they are shipping by color/material. Walnut is shipping this week. I am very much looking forward to the different settings options like near field and "audiophile high end" dsp settings :)

New video up:

Last edited:
Top Bottom