• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

Jdunk54nl

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I also use them on my stove/microwave clocks (since my theater room is open to my kitchen)
Ya, they are going on a few things! The emotiva et-3 as well as some switches, modem, and smart home hubs....too many brightblinking lights!

Jdunk54nl

Got everything set up now with the buckeye amps, the htp-1, and the philharmonic speakers. Everything sounds so good and these amps drive everything very easily! I'm glad they were part of the upgrade for me! My dog, moo, also approves!
Now just waiting on those stickers to cut the intensity of that blue light some!
781CEADC-3C88-4BAE-B3A2-FD1C486B97F7.jpeg

Shanman

Forum Donor
Got everything set up now with the buckeye amps, the htp-1, and the philharmonic speakers. Everything sounds so good and these amps drive everything very easily! I'm glad they were part of the upgrade for me! My dog, moo, also approves!
Now just waiting on those stickers to cut the intensity of that blue light some!
View attachment 187807
Oh man, those subs are huge! I really like the shelf arrangement that puts the MTM center speaker vertically to minimize lobing.

Jdunk54nl

Oh man, those subs are huge! I really like the shelf arrangement that puts the MTM center speaker vertically to minimize lobing.

Haha, Ya, 18" subs in 4cuft boxes. Stereo integrity ht18 v3's.

I just made that shelf for that exact reason. I was gonna lay the bmr monitor horizontal, but we wanted a new media stand anyway. So decided to make one that works with a vertical bmr as a center. The bmr is a 3 way so it would have been OK horizontal, but not nearly as good as vertical.

SuperDave

Haha, Ya, 18" subs in 4cuft boxes. Stereo integrity ht18 v3's.

I just made that shelf for that exact reason. I was gonna lay the bmr monitor horizontal, but we wanted a new media stand anyway. So decided to make one that works with a vertical bmr as a center. The bmr is a 3 way so it would have been OK horizontal, but not nearly as good as vertical.

Nice to see that flexiracks are still in style. :)

Interesting finish on the shelves, almost stone-like. What did you use?

Jdunk54nl

Nice to see that flexiracks are still in style. :)

Interesting finish on the shelves, almost stone-like. What did you use?
The flexy shelf gave me everything I wanted. I thought about just doing wooden dowels, but this way I didn't have to measure and can level everything easy.

The finish was the following. Stained them with minwax water based slate gray. Then a dry brush white. Finally min wax polycrilic gloss on top of all that (5 coats of it).
This is a better view
42AB57D0-E9B3-43AB-A5D2-937C02957675.jpeg

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
The finish was the following. Stained them with minwax water based slate gray. Then a dry brush white. Finally min wax polycrilic gloss on top of all that (5 coats of it).
Phew, that sounds like a lot of work.
Glad you enjoy it. ;)

Jdunk54nl

Phew, that sounds like a lot of work.
Glad you enjoy it. ;)
About a weeks worth. Cutting took about a half day. Prepping surfaces a couple of hours.
Then all the finish was an hour at a time for each coat with dry time. But in the middle was helping my mother in law move so dry time was doing something else.
So not too bad.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
OK, working on some case revisions. Vertical alignment of speaker binding posts or a slanted orientation (see attachments)?

Attachments

• vertical.jpg
    vertical.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 115
  • slanted.jpg
    slanted.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 110

Walter

I suggest you maintain the proper spacing for dual banana plugs. (19.2mm?)

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
The good news is if the revisions I am making to my Hypex amps goes smoothly, assembly time will be DRASTICALLY cut down. I may even, fingers crossed, finally get to a point later this year where I can list completed amps for immediate sale.

For those with existing orders, please not the revisions I am making in no way change or alter performance for how I currently assemble my amps. Just finally going pre-made for a lot of wiring and components I already use to allow quick integration.

Top Bottom