• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

FiiO K7

Blorg

Hd560s & Philips x3 seems to be wired in balanced way, and balanced cables working, i tried, would i benefit from Balanced Output of K7? Like more details, wider soundstage, cleaner? Could get k7 almost for price i paid for k5 pro, ugh!
They're both very easy to drive headphones, K5 Pro would be plenty for them. Not sure you'd notice any difference at all. I don't find amps affect soundstage, different headphones are very different and EQ can effect it to an extent but flat solid state amps, no.

I do have a OTL tube amp that I do think subjectively makes the HD600/HD6XX sound wider soundstage (normally these are super narrow, it makes them a little less so, but still not as good as actually good soundstage headphone on solid state). Have never heard a difference in soundstage between solid state amps. This is a very specific pairing, I generally much prefer solid state and almost all my listening is on solid state.

K7 is better but in ways I don't think would make any difference for you on those headphones, it would be more better if you had a headphone that was marginal on the K5. But they're both really easy to drive and K5 is no wimp and plenty of power for them. K7 has better measurements too but doubt you'd actually hear that difference, they're far down.

Volume knob experience is better on the K5, it's not a deal breaker on the K7 but the lag is annoying.

Last edited:

Fluxed

Does anyone know if the K7 BT edition can transmit bluetooth to a pair of bluetooth headphones?

Id like to pass my TV optical out sound to it and PC sound to it.

staticV3

Master Contributor
Does anyone know if the K7 BT edition can transmit bluetooth to a pair of bluetooth headphones?

Id like to pass my TV optical out sound to it and PC sound to it.
The FiiO BTA30 Pro can receive audio via Toslink from your TV and via USB from your PC, and transmit that to your headphones via Bluetooth.

Fluxed

thanks, bit unfortunate it does not transmit but guess most desktop amps/dacs don't.

The FiiO BTA30 Pro would be ideal but listening to the customers that own it, its not very good has an auto sleep which cuts off while in use and pairing issues. The support from FiiO is generally poor for the bugs it has.

I think the Creative X5 and Arylic H50 are the only other BT transmitters out there with optical in and other more cleaner signal inputs, not seeing a big demand for BT Receivers in general and the ones built into TVs, Pcs, laptops are poor quality at best.

Blorg

@Fluxed I have the BTA30 Pro, it works for me, doesn't auto sleep, but that could be just my method of use, I understand the issue. I see on Head-Fi someone is saying this only happens on DAC mode, though, it doesn't happen with BT transmission. Someone else says it's an issue on codecs other than LDAC but doesn't happen on LDAC (which is what I use it for).

Pairing is a bit of a faff but OK if you use it with one or two BT devices. Beyond that it can't remember them and you need to repair... although that's not that difficult. LDAC is solid.

Fluxed

@Fluxed I have the BTA30 Pro, it works for me, doesn't auto sleep, but that could be just my method of use, I understand the issue. I see on Head-Fi someone is saying this only happens on DAC mode, though, it doesn't happen with BT transmission. Someone else says it's an issue on codecs other than LDAC but doesn't happen on LDAC (which is what I use it for).

Pairing is a bit of a faff but OK if you use it with one or two BT devices. Beyond that it can't remember them and you need to repair... although that's not that difficult. LDAC is solid.

cheers appreciate the input, it was myself in regards to the LDAC query bit over on headfi:)

have been on the look for a transmitter that just works but it has to be aptx adaptive codec support(Replaced LL few years ago) something that BTA30/Pro does not support.

The auto power down/sleep is common, I was considering the Arylic H50 which supposedly supports Adaptive codec but one YT reviewer mentioned it auto sleeps for him also so back to square 1, all these BT chipsets and qualcom BT transmitters/receivers are hit and miss sadly and many power down or support the LL codec which was abandoned years ago.

I think I am down to the Creative X5 as my last resort since it has an USB A host port so in theory may work with any Creative USB BT dongle and any Codec be it past or present.

Boltman92124

My phone switches to the DX3Pro+ BT every time I'm in the room. Have to unpair or turn BT off. My only complaint about the Topping.

Blorg

My phone switches to the DX3Pro+ BT every time I'm in the room. Have to unpair or turn BT off. My only complaint about the Topping.
This is about transmitting though, for that you need something like the Fiio BTA30 Pro. The DX3Pro+ is a receiver, not a transmitter.

bng123

Hello Guys, just bought the k7 mostly for digital sources. If I purchase a turntable and passive speakers. Will this setup work

Digital source and turntable> K7 > fosi audio v3 and headphones > speakers

staticV3

Master Contributor
Hello Guys, just bought the k7 mostly for digital sources. If I purchase a turntable and passive speakers. Will this setup work

Digital source and turntable> K7 > fosi audio v3 and headphones > speakers
Something like this is possible:
Blank diagram (14).png

Ufasas

are there any portable/pocket size bluetooth DAC/AMPS with similar stuff what fiio k7 is delivering? received k7 today, and all my headphones are so enjoyable to listen to, wondered if you can get something smaller size than k7 is.

Blorg

are there any portable/pocket size bluetooth DAC/AMPS with similar stuff what fiio k7 is delivering? received k7 today, and all my headphones are so enjoyable to listen to, wondered if you can get something smaller size than k7 is.
Fiio BTR7 or Qudelix 5K, I have both and would recommend the Qudelix 5K. All the headphones in your signature are super easy to drive except the AKG K702. With both you get both Bluetooth and PEQ, which your headphones would benefit from. The Q5K PEQ is a lot better and more flexible than the BTR7. You can get a balanced cable for the harder to drive ones to get a bit more power out of it.

Ufasas

Yeap, real happy with BTR7, will keep K7 too, top G combo for portable and desktop use, not even looking at qudelix or else

OnLyTNT

Same combo, same happiness. Also ordered Q5k for more happiness :facepalm: .

christaras

Hello i could use some help if possible. I own a K7 paired with lp6v2 with rca cables. I have static noise that comes mostly from the usb cable ( when i discon the cable the noise drops like 70%) Previously i had a zen2 dac with audible noise only if you go like 5 centimeters from the speaker. When i connect the pc with optical the noise drops and i can use it like that. The question is if i loose quality with this connection instead of me using the usb ? Also if i buy for example a c200 with trs connection this could solve the problem 100%? Thank you in advance for your time.

Top Bottom