• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Grundig

Malin77

Grundig A-905
Has anyone used such an amplifier and what feedback do you have about it? I settled on this one for the power 2x120w at 8 ohms
I need a powerful stereo amplifier and I don't know where to turn
Поискайте помощ!!Аnd these are my speakers
1000001693.jpg

Last edited:

solderdude

Grand Contributor
=

Grundig A-905
Has anyone used such an amplifier and what reviews do you have about it?
I chose this one relative to the power 2x120w on 8ohm I need a powerful stereo amplifier and I don't know where to navigate Please help!

A-905 was sold from 1991 - 1993 so 30 years old.

melomane13

made by marantz,
  • Continuous power (at distortion)
    • 8 Ohm: 2 x 120W (measured Stereo 1/92 2x143W)
    • 4 Ohm: (measured Stereo 1/92 2x221W)
  • Dynamic power
    • 8 Ohm: 2 x 150W
    • 4 Ohm: (measured Stereo 1/92 2x240W)
the device is beautiful, with its wooden sides, but it is 30 years old. You better know how to change capacitors and clean potentiometers, or at least know someone who can do it for a little while. and don't pay much for it.

MaxwellsEq

Major Contributor
What's your budget and where are you based?

You may be lucky and pick up a well cared for example of this older amplifier that's been in continuous use, and it works well. But statistically it will probably need servicing. If it hasn't been powered on for a long time, the main capacitors may need reforming. They may even need replacing. Switches and potentiometers may need cleaning or replacing. Once you add the service costs and original price, you could afford something new with a warranty.

JSmith

Master Contributor
wooden sides
They don't all have wooden side panels btw;

image;s=4000x2252

Grundig A-905
Welcome to ASR. :)

If you're really keen to get one of these old amps, there is one for sale here in the Ukraine it seems;

JSmith

OP
M

Malin77

произведено от marantz,
  • Непрекъсната мощност (при изкривяване)
    • 8 Ohm: 2 x 120 W (измерено стерео 1/92 2 x 143 W)
    • 4 Ohm: (измерено Стерео 1/92 2x221W)
  • Динамична мощност
    • 8 Ohm: 2 x 150W
    • 4 Ohm: (измерено Стерео 1/92 2x240W)
устройството е красиво, с дървени страни, но е на 30 години. По-добре да знаеш как да сменяш кондензатори и да чистиш потенциометри или поне да познаваш някой, който може да го направи за известно време. и не плащайте много за това.
If not this one, what would you recommend for these columns?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
M

Malin77

The bass can be powered separately
That is, to use two amplifiers, but I don't know what to choose
Recently, the transistors of a Sony ta-f30es exploded!!!

Hayabusa

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The bass can be powered separately
That is, to use two amplifiers, but I don't know what to choose
Recently, the transistors of a Sony ta-f30es exploded!!!
Almost don't dare to ask but:
did you remove the jumpers between low/high connectors?

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
For comparable power and better performance as new or second hand but not old Yamaha A-S/R-S 700 (RS has analog radio and bit worse RNR analog unbalanced input thanks to it, those have best unbalanced inputs Yamaha has to offer and better than rest of mentioned newer line's tho you will probably find them only second hand. They represent best value if you only want power amplifier) if you want more integration(DAC, digital inputs) something based on same power stage like newer A-S 701 or A-S801 (bit better DAC and DAC USB audio 2.0 input compared to 701), and if you want more inputs streamer YPAO room correction (including automatic YPAO Loudness), self filters for mains and sub then R-N 1000A or 2000A.

OP
M

Malin77

Какъв е вашият бюджет и къде се намирате?

Може да имате късмет и да вземете добре поддържан, например този по-стар усилвател, който е бил в непрекъсната употреба и работи добре. Но статистически вероятно ще има нужда от обслужване. Ако не е включван дълго време, главните кондензатори може да се нуждаят от реформиране. Може дори да се нуждаят от подмяна. Превключвателите и потенциометрите може да се нуждаят от почистване или подмяна. След като добавите разходите за обслужване и първоначалната цена, можете да си позволите нещо ново с гаранция.

OP
M

Malin77

да премахнах
Почти не смея да попитам, но:
премахнахте ли джъмперите между ниски/високи конектори?
Да премах ги

OP
M

Malin77

б
За сравнима мощност и по-добра производителност като нови или втора употреба, но не стари Yamaha AS/RS 700 (RS има аналогово радио и малко по-лош RNR аналогов небалансиран вход благодарение на него, те имат най-добрите небалансирани входове, които Yamaha може да предложи и по-добри от останалите споменати по-нова линия, но вероятно ще ги намерите само втора употреба, те представляват най-добрата стойност, ако искате само усилвател на мощност), ако искате повече интеграция (DAC, цифрови входове), нещо базирано на същото захранващо стъпало като по-нов AS 701 или A-S801 (битово). по-добър DAC и DAC USB аудио 2.0 вход в сравнение със 701), а ако искате повече входове стример YPAO корекция на стаята (включително автоматична YPAO сила на звука), самофилтри за захранване и суб след това RN 1000A или 2000
I have dac - burson audio HA- 160d

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
б

I have dac - burson audio HA- 160d
Уреду, it's older and not really higher tire even then BurrBrown PCM1793 still don't think it will be bottleneck it's interesting headphone amplifier (without the DAC). I told you how integration goes trough Yamaha line.

Top Bottom