• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Issues with 24 bit 192 Khz content

Saponetto

Thanks but is wasapi exclusive compatible with Eq Apo?
Wasapi exclusive mode bypasses volume mixer of Windows audio stack, hence EQ APO is unable to work.
Using non exclusive modes of wasapi, E-APO works fine, but your player app cannot send to your DAC the sampling reference.

OP
Eleo

Eleo

Just a quick update: Latency moon says there is a problem with the Cpu, if I correctly understood the problem is related to the thermal throttling - it makes sense because the minipc is fanless. However, if I switch the default format in the advanced properties of the device from 192 to 96 Khz everything is fine, clicks and pops disappear. Thanks again to you all

effj

4 gig of ram isn't much for Windows 10 or 11. Uninstall unused apps and disable background services like print spooler, bit locker and others you aren't going to use. It's probably a memory thing not CPU.

Edit: schedule automatic updates to make sure it doesn't start when you're using the computer. That's a real pain in the a
I totally agree with your points and think they are very applicable to this thread. As many people like to say, Windows is a bloated OS (out of the box), especially preinstalled OEM Windows; BUT uninstalling unneeded software and disabling unneeded background process can massively reduce the drag on resources even in a 4 GB PC.

OP, you should also consider upgrading your RAM to 8 GB or 16 GB. 4 GB is very low for running modern Windows versions.

Top Bottom