• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Loxjie A40 all in one amp 2024

delta76

Major Contributor
Аs i know its only for purchases that sending inside EU. I know about new rules thet Ali must pay VAT, but when i do purchase it says that VAT - 0, so i thought that they do not pay it for some reason (live in EU).
If the item is under $150 then price is included vat. You don't have to pay anything else to get it
However if it is higher than $150, aliexpress will subtract VAT from price, so you pay less at check out but then will have to pay for VAT and custom fees at import

delta76

Major Contributor
It is worth nothing that Aliexpress charges vat based on shipping address, which is the right thing to do. They are likely aware that they are big enough to become a target for hefty fines if they do not do it properly.
Other smaller sellers from China have same price regardless of where you ship, they potentially cheat by declaring a very low value of the shipment.

Reactions: MCH

SpaceX

What is your assessment/opinion of the headphone amplifier? Is it better than in the A30 and would it be worth switching from the A30 to the A40 just for the headphone amplifier?

Loxjie A30 delivers 100mW×2(32Ω) according to the data sheet. I am not aware of anything for the A40

Altmach

Well it seems to have gone very quiet on this thread . I'm surprised that the long awaited successor to a very well rated amp (A30) isn't gathering more opinion or reviews. Perhaps it's to do with the lack of availability? As an owner of the A30 who'd be interested in a more powerful version with HDMI E-Arc I'm curious to know how it might fare in comparison? I will wait in hope of some enlightenment (god forbid I actually take the risk of purchasing one myself, eh )

Reactions: Zek

radiss

I'm posting pictures because no one is posting anything about the A40.
1702297295.jpg
1702709337.jpg
1702712103.jpg
1702712117.jpg
1702712114.jpg
1702563008.jpg

Zek

Major Contributor
It looks very impressive, how does it perform in practical use?
Are there any unexpected glitches, clicks, hiccups, hissing, etc.?

radiss

It looks very impressive, how does it perform in practical use?
Are there any unexpected glitches, clicks, hiccups, hissing, etc.?
There are no special defects, noises or errors.
White noise has also been reduced compared to the A30.
The bass has become more solid and the overall sound detail seems to have improved.

Reactions: Zek

hlinden

Just received mine (my forth Loxjie product so I could be classed as a fanboy).

When I first powered it on it sounded good but possibly a bit "boomy" to me, after playing around with filters and the disabling the EQ function it feels better.
There are a bunch of settings to "enhance" bass which could be the problem with the boomyness.

All in for 214 GBP I dont think there is much to complain about.

grogi.giant

Noi, but expect similar performance to other SMSL designs with the Infineon Merus chip amp. It performs well if you don't need too much power.

Infineon Merus is an umbrella within Infineon that covers many different chips. Loxije A30 uses Merus 12070. New SMSL designs use Merus MS5352MA. They are vastly different in ability to deliver power (MS5352MA is approximately 3x more powerful) and load dependency (12070 has little, MS5352MA typically has some).

Altmach

Just received mine (my forth Loxjie product so I could be classed as a fanboy).

When I first powered it on it sounded good but possibly a bit "boomy" to me, after playing around with filters and the disabling the EQ function it feels better.
There are a bunch of settings to "enhance" bass which could be the problem with the boomyness.

All in for 214 GBP I dont think there is much to complain about.
Could you give a subjective comparison to the A30 (if you have one, obviously)?

rafels

Hi
I'm new here and I registered because I'm considering buying an A40. At first glance at its description, it seems to be a complete amplifier. The set of inputs seems to be tailored to my needs.

However, I'm concerned about the manufacturer's carefree approach to parameters. They wrote on their website
that THD+N can reach 0.003%. However, the manufacturer of the MA5332MS power amplifier gives the typical THD+N as 0.01%.
The charts also look different. And it must be taken into account that in the audio chain of the A40 amplifier there are also other elements that worsen distortion. So the total cannot be better than a single PA chip.

Well, I'm a little disgusted as a potential buyer.

Loxjie A40:
1000000248.jpg

MA5332MS:
1000000247.png

Last edited:

bcfc

Я оставлю А40 для прослушивания на диване, где важны удаленные края,
Hello. How does the device sound via bluetooth? Better than smsl of old versions? Or more marketing?

DavidGriffiths

Better, with phono input
Hi, I’m looking for an amp for both turntable and tv. The turntable can output either line or phono. Is there any advantage to getting this device with its dedicated phono in? Otherwise I was thinking maybe the new WiiM amp would be a better choice, either that or the AO300.

bcfc

Привет, я ищу усилитель для проигрывателя и телевизора. Проигрыватель может выводить как линейный, так и фонокорректор. Есть ли какая-либо польза от установки этого устройства с выделенным фонокорректором? В противном случае я подумал, что, возможно, новый усилитель WiiM будет лучшим выбором, либо он, либо AO300.
smsl и loxjie не полностью реализуют hdmi cec. Wait wiim amp

bcfc

WiiM Amp не реализует HDMI CEC для питания. Однако громкость работает. См.: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/wiim-amp-discussion.47096/post-1827730 .
Грустно. Реализован Arylic B50, а этот хипстерский продукт лишен этого ЦИКа.

Translated by moderator. Please post in English going forward.

Sad. Arylic B50 is implemented, and this hipster product lacks this CEC

Top Bottom