• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 questions

OP
S

spacebar

Forum Donor
How does RoomPerfect do with subwoofer integration? Does it automatically adjust volume and phase/delay?
On this page it says (maybe not very helpful tho)
Combined speaker and woofer measurement – As RoomPerfect measures the system, the performance of each speaker is measured in conjunction with each subwoofer. This approach creates a seamless blend between the speakers and woofers. It’s very rare for subwoofers to perfectly align with the speakers. RoomPerfects combined approach achieves this first time, every time, which transforms the quality and consistency of your systems bass response.

https://lyngdorf.steinwaylyngdorf.com/roomperfect/

Steve356

How does RoomPerfect do with subwoofer integration? Does it automatically adjust volume and phase/delay?

RP has been the substantially better for me in terms of sub integration and I think this has been one of its major benefits in my system/room. All I do before I begin calibration is adjust the sub volume to be roughly the same level as my L&R speakers, enter the distance measured (by laser measure) to the wall behind my sub per Lyngdorf's recommendation and finally add the sub delay (68cm) as provided by M&K for their X series subs. This works very well for me, but I know of some other users that add additional distance to their sub(s) using REW to get the results they need in their systems and rooms. Some of this additional REW calculation may be down to having more than one sub, which doesn't apply to me, but that's just a guess on my part to be honest.

In summary, yes, it does adjust the volumes automatically in that you don't have to level the speakers and sub beforehand if you don't wish to. I just think it's always beneficial to give room correction some help where you can. It does not automatically calculate delay if by that you mean you don't need to measure any distances beforehand. You do need to physically measure distances and input those similarly to Anthem and their ARC Genesis system.

godmax

- optional IR remote support (I use it with OFA Streamer Remote
I am also in search of a compact remote for the 1120, since the official optional remote from Lyngdorf is not really appealing to me.
So you use the One For All Streamer URC 7935 remote with the 1120? What 5 digit code you are using to program it, since Lnydorf seems not to be officially supported?

Last edited:

JackFrost

@godmax
I bought the FTDI usb interface to program it with the help of the hifi-remote.com community.

Basically you buy the interface or FTDI cable, connect it to the remote, launch a program and upload configuration file provided.

OP
S

spacebar

Forum Donor
After a lot of feedback, questions and answers should I change the title to something more descriptive?

JackFrost

If other users would not mind and @amirm agrees, maybe we could make it a general thread for this device.

Tron01

Spoke the dealer who's selling me a set of speakers and he was telling me not to get room correcting amps as they do more harm then good. Sounds like from everyone's experience the opposite is true.

Only dealers around me selling them are home movie theater installers and one site called hifi Heaven.

JackFrost

Spoke the dealer who's selling me a set of speakers and he was telling me not to get room correcting amps as they do more harm then good. Sounds like from everyone's experience the opposite is true.

Only dealers around me selling them are home movie theater installers and one site called hifi Heaven.

Ask him if he has a data proof to back his claims. Also, you can ask him if you are allowed to turn the bass/treble knob or to adjust the EQ in the particular unit. If not then I would change the dealer fast.

OP
S

spacebar

Forum Donor

My advice is that we should try stuff and get our own experience. As a seller you have to explain both sides, a neutral point of view. Educate, sharing is caring. But you can read this post https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...measurements-of-lyngdorf-roomperfect-eq.6799/ and read other members experience with room perfect or other systems.

I need some room treatment before I do room correction. Mainly concrete and windows in my room:/

mika91

Does somebody use the display time-out feature?
Sometimes when watching a movie or show, the display turn on briefly without any remote action.
It happens mainly during action scenes (after a gun shot for example), or when the sound stop (like going back to menu)
Is there any kind of auto-sense for input selection that could explain this?

JackFrost

New firmware 1.2.0 available:

Features:
Adding possibility to select other HDMI TV input than ARC. E.g. optical.
Added control-commands for Play, Next and Prev.
Added web upload function for restore files
Added web download function for backup files
Added option to delete backup files
Adding CS-1 speakers support.
Changed archive file of all relevant logs(syslog, streaming, CEC/ARC) instead of just syslog for better debugging possibilities.

Bugfixes:
Don’t scan Wi-Fi network when amplifier is powering off.
Amplifier was turned off by TV CEC command also when on non TV source e.g. streaming.
Fixed bug causing mute to affect line output even when configured as "tape out"
Fixed some problems with handling special characters in file names.
ICC peak level value in roon signalpath was not updated.

Panelhead

Forum Donor
Watch out for dealer (or seller) feedback. I was interested in the M Series of amps from Micromega. They have their own DRC system.
I saw a M-100 used for a reasonable price. Contacted seller and it was obvious he was a dealer selling either demo or at below MSRP.
Wanted to know if unit had the optional DRC. He said he used the M-150 that included the DRC. He felt the unit sounded much better with DRC turned off and the M-100 was half the price. He said he did not have a M-150, but could get me a deal on it.
I felt he wanted to get rid the M-100. Bad mouthed the DRC.
I think the Room Perfect DRC is better than the Micromega DRC. Over a decade of continued evolution to improve it.

OP
S

spacebar

Forum Donor
Yeah, there you go. One person’s bad experience and maybe the only one he ever tested, and concluded that room correction sucks. Applause :oops:

vlader

RP has been the substantially better for me in terms of sub integration and I think this has been one of its major benefits in my system/room. All I do before I begin calibration is adjust the sub volume to be roughly the same level as my L&R speakers, enter the distance measured (by laser measure) to the wall behind my sub per Lyngdorf's recommendation and finally add the sub delay (68cm) as provided by M&K for their X series subs. This works very well for me, but I know of some other users that add additional distance to their sub(s) using REW to get the results they need in their systems and rooms. Some of this additional REW calculation may be down to having more than one sub, which doesn't apply to me, but that's just a guess on my part to be honest.

In summary, yes, it does adjust the volumes automatically in that you don't have to level the speakers and sub beforehand if you don't wish to. I just think it's always beneficial to give room correction some help where you can. It does not automatically calculate delay if by that you mean you don't need to measure any distances beforehand. You do need to physically measure distances and input those similarly to Anthem and their ARC Genesis system.

I ran RoomPerfect with two different configurations:
a. distances configured properly, sub delay at 1ms
b. same as a, but I measured the sub delay with REW, until I got the best integration pre-RP

After running RP, the end results were very similar, so RP figured the actual sub delay on its own. If you want the best possible sound even when RP is turned off, then it's worth setting the sub amp delay as accurately as possible, but otherwise not really.

Rkwadz

I tried it, works good so far. It should fix a bug I was experiencing (TV would turn off the amp, even if the input was not HMDI).
Looks like after the update I'm unable to use spotifyconnect?
Anyone else experiencing the same?

Top Bottom