• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Mivera Audio DAC

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
jtwrace

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Of course I measured it. Think we just soldered parts onto a board, popped the in a case, and have a DAC that competes with the best of the best with no test gear used?
Based on your complete avoidance of questions considering I could be a customer, yes!

Mivera

Major Contributor
Based on your complete avoidance of questions considering I could be a customer, yes!

Best to just meet up at the NC audio club with Anand and Steve and listen for yourself. After 2 hours warm up I can assure you that you won't need to see any measurement data to tell if we did a good job or not.

OP
jtwrace

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Best to just meet up at the NC audio club with Anand and Steve and listen for yourself. After 2 hours warm up I can assure you that you won't need to see any measurement data to tell if we did a good job or not.
LOL. There is no way that one of those men didn't ask for a full suite of measurements. Impossible.

Mivera

Major Contributor
LOL. There is no way that one of those men didn't ask for a full suite of measurements. Impossible.

No they just trust their ears :)

Mivera

Major Contributor
IF that's the case, the Total Eclipse ain't happening either.

Well they both have tube amps. I don't think they were chosen purely based on measured data.

OP
jtwrace

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Well they both have tube amps. I don't think they were chosen purely based on measured data.
I know one doesn't. He uses the Neurochrome amps.

Superdad

Audio Company
The amount of trusted manufactures in this hobby is so small it's sickening!

Hi Jason:
I know you are big fan of Vinnie Rossi's (assuming you still own 2 full LIO units--fine stuff) and you championed his Mini PureDC-4EVR supply. Do you feel betrayed by the fact that Amir exposed that his substitution of a Mean Well SMPS tucked under the board--in place of the "all-linear" charging circuit that was touted as an advantage over my supply?

OP
jtwrace

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi Jason:
I know you are big fan of Vinnie Rossi's (assuming you still own 2 full LIO units--fine stuff) and you championed his Mini PureDC-4EVR supply. Do you feel betrayed by the fact that Amir exposed that his substitution of a Mean Well SMPS tucked under the board--in place of the "all-linear" charging circuit that was touted as an advantage over my supply?
Never assume.

pinkupanda

The big difference with Alex and his power supply is he's claiming it blocks leakage current and has extremely low ripple, yet measured results don't reflect it. The only measured result I share from my DAC is the phase noise of the clock. Anyone can feel free to measure the phase noise of my clocks if they wish and share results.

Weren't you also all over on ISO-R measurement thread as well until Amir shut you down from that thread ? Now that's not a power supply. You were against Uptone who claimed 1000's of users +ive listening impression but you want the same for your DAC. That's funny.

OP
jtwrace

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Weren't you also all over on ISO-R measurement thread as well until Amir shut you down from that thread ? Now that's not a power supply. You were against Uptone who claimed 1000's of users +ive listening impression but you want the same for your DAC. That's funny.
That's correct.

It started with this:
Every one of the positive reviews on Uptone products aren't a testament to the quality of Uptone products. All they are is a testament to how poor the gear is these guys reporting the positive feedback own is. The raver the review, the crappier their audio gear is. So pay attention to the systems these guys who provide positive feedback are using and avoid like the black plague. If everyone starts buying quality gear, we won't need charletens in the industry anymore. It starts with consumer education.

http://www.audiosciencereview.com/f...eview-and-measurements.1829/page-3#post-46242

Mivera

Major Contributor

Actually I never trashed the ISO-Regen at all. In fact I said it should be used to test if gear is worth buying or not. If it makes a positive impact, don't buy the gear.

Mivera

Major Contributor

Superdad

Audio Company
Never assume.

Huh? Assume what?
The photos are there. The transformer primary is cut off, the TO-3 transistor is not hooked up, and there is a Mean Well SMPS case shoved under the main board. I know why he did it, but it now is untruthful to make the claim of using an LPS charging circuit. (Not that I think it matters. And Vinnie's been using a high wattage SMPS brick for the LIO since the start. Perfectly fine.)

OP
jtwrace

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Huh? Assume what?
The photos are there. The transformer primary is cut off, the TO-3 transistor is not hooked up, and there is a Mean Well SMPS case shoved under the main board. I know why he did it, but it now is untruthful to make the claim of using an LPS charging circuit. (Not that I think it matters. And Vinnie's been using a high wattage SMPS brick for the LIO since the start. Perfectly fine.)
Right. Not my problem...

Mivera

Major Contributor
Huh? Assume what?

Are you lost in the forum?

pinkupanda

No if anything it's a complement. It's suggesting that it actually works as intended.

In a way you are suggesting a $325 test equipment one should buy to judge other DACs and yet you aren't trashing it. How beautiful.

Mivera

Major Contributor
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom