• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Post pictures of anything, with comment...couple words.

alpha_logic

treasure_0.jpg_vgg16_final.png

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Last edited:

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
This is a hot spring cave in British Columbia, Canada. I went there maybe 6 times. The natural cave goes about I guess 60m into the mountain. In the back of the cave there is no light and it is veryyyy hot there. There is a 500 gallon cold pool outside the cave that has ice on the top in the winter. That takes your breath away when jumping in.
Ainsworth-Hot-Springs-Photo-Courtesy-of-David-Gluns.jpg

ainsHS7Auth.jpg

rsz_ainsworthcave.jpg

ainsworth-hot-springs.jpg

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Last edited:

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

nobodynoz

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The tallest bridge in the world : "the Millau Viaduct" (Viaduc de Millau) built in the Occitanie Region, in Southern France. The design team was led by French engineer Michel Virlogeux and English architect Norman Foster. The bridge has been built by the Eiffel company among others.
List of the tallest bridges in the world
Having a structural height of 336.4m (1,104 ft) taller than the Eiffel Tower 324m... and a length of 2.4km / 1.49mile.
Take a look : People running on the bridge coming from all over Europe.......
Base jump Viaduc de Millau
I've used it several times - I live in the Occitanie Région -

-Viaduc de Millau.png

Image : Wiki

Last edited:

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The world highest bridge...
The Millau Viaduct (French: Viaduc de Millau) is a multi-span cable-stayed bridge completed in 2004 across the gorge valley of the Tarn near Millau in the Aveyron department in the Occitanie Region, in Southern France. The design team was led by engineer Michel Virlogeux and English architect Norman Foster. As of September 2020, it is the tallest bridge in the world, having a structural height of 336.4m (1,104 ft). Same hight as the Eiffel Tower. Wiki
(I used it several times). Image from Wiki

View attachment 148571
Amazing engineering. That's scary. I hate heights. I imagine daredevils use that bridge for their jumping and bungie stuff.

Katji

Major Contributor
That bridge is one of the things that make me think we are more than monkeys with tools.

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The tallest bridge in the world : "the Millau Viaduct" (Viaduc de Millau) built in the Occitanie Region, in Southern France. The design team was led by French engineer Michel Virlogeux and English architect Norman Foster. The bridge has been built by the Eiffel company among others.
List of the tallest bridges in the world
Having a structural height of 336.4m (1,104 ft) taller than the Eiffel Tower 324m... and a length of 2.4km / 1.49mile.
Take a look : People running on the bridge coming from all over Europe.......
Base jump Viaduc de Millau
I've used it several times - I live in the Occitanie Région -

Image : Wiki

Want some sensations ?

The longest and probably highest registered pedestrian bridge

516 Arouca /Portugal

516m long ,175m height.

1629484591724.png

1629484739803.png

nobodynoz

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Some serious runners there. China decimates all other countries in the, "List of Tallest Bridges." Very impressive.

The difference between tall and high bridges can be explained in part because some of the highest bridges are built across deep valleys or gorges. For example, (as of 1 July 2020) the Duge Bridge (China) is the highest bridge in the world, but only the eleventh tallest.
The Millau viaduct (France) IS the tallest bridge in the world.

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Last edited:
Top Bottom