• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RPi4 + CamillaDSP Tutorial

dobrynin

You can try hw devices - hw:CARD=Headphones, DEV=0 for playback and hw:CARD=Loopback,DEV=0 or 1 for capture, depending what device you use on the other side https://henquist.github.io/0.6.2/backend_alsa.html#alsa-loopback
Yes, it worked. Now there are no interruptions in the sound. Thank you very much!

Now the problem is that the output signal is very, very quiet. I set the volume on the amplifier to 100% and it still plays very quietly. Is there any way to fix this?

terryforsythe

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Now the problem is that the output signal is very, very quiet. I set the volume on the amplifier to 100% and it still plays very quietly. Is there any way to fix this?
Check your gain under the Mixers tab. I have mine set to 0, and no issues.

dobrynin

Check your gain under the Mixers tab. I have mine set to 0, and no issues.
That's how it is now. And it's so very quiet.

1712945389615.png

terryforsythe

Forum Donor
That's how it is now. And it's so very quiet.

In the terminal, enter "alsamixer" and check your gain settings there. I have my gain set to 93 in ALSA.

EDIT: Here is a screenshot:

Attachments

• Alsa.jpg
    Alsa.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 19

terryforsythe

Forum Donor
I looked at it like this:
Use the tab keyboard button to show your capture and playback.

EDIT: You should see four settings, like in my image. L and R capture, and L and R for your output device.

dobrynin

I turned up the volume here and it got louder, but it's still not enough to get to normal volume. As for you, I do not display it on channels ((

I apologize very much for clogging up the topic with my pictures. I'll get better.

Attachments

• 2024-04-12 21.28.52.jpg
    2024-04-12 21.28.52.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 13

dobrynin

Did you hit the "Tab" key on your keyboard while alsomixer is open to cycle through the different screens?
Yes, but I don't have separate left and right channels ((
I've tried pressing Tab for different maps. I selected the cards by pressing F6.

terryforsythe

Forum Donor
Yes, but I don't have separate left and right channels ((
I've tried pressing Tab for different maps. I selected the cards by pressing F6.
If CamillaDSP and ALSA are set properly, and your equipment is working properly, then I'm stumped as to what the issue could be.

dobrynin

If CamillaDSP and ALSA are set properly, and your equipment is working properly, then I'm stumped as to what the issue could be.
I installed and configured it according to the instructions from the first message in this topic.
One thing, I don't have an input and output interface yet. For input, I use Airplay as a source, and for output, I use the standard 3.5 Jack connector on RPi 3.

dobrynin

volume control?
Yes. I'm adjusting the volume from my phone. And even when it is at its maximum, it is still very quiet at the output of the headphone port.

I will wait for my DAC with Ali on the 5122 chip and then I will try with him.

Although I still have a Focusrite 2i4 gen2 card, I'll probably try it for a test.

Thank you all so much for your help!

Ramon Cota

TLDR,
Does this software have any GUI ? Can it be installed on a PC and control external usb sound card? Does it have 1st and 3rd order filters ?

Ramon Cota

No way i will check it out then as peace eq/apo i use has even order slopes only so somewhat limited use, was under impression it was command line only software.

sarieri

Forum Donor
I feel like a shame not knowing this. But is there a way to implement input EQ with camilladsp?

Daverz

Major Contributor
I used cdsp as my digital crossover. Now I just want to load a input EQ to get a flat FR.

Assuming a stereo input signal, you can apply your EQ filters to left and rght inputs, or you can apply EQ after splitting up the input with a mixer. If you are using FIR filters for your crossover and for EQ, I would suggest convolving the full EQ with the crossover filters to create a single FIR filter for each output channel.

Top Bottom