• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping PA5 measurements )

bigjacko

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I hate listening to nowadays compressed pop music and the new compressed re- masters. You seem to like it?
Nah, I hate it because it makes my ear hurt, the constant spl is too high. The indsutry is moving in this way, they don't get panelized by compression, but gets more popular. So that is why I say it sounds better. Majority of people think it sounds better only because it is louder.
No, clipping is distortion. Compression is different.

Clipping cuts the tops of peaks.
Compression reduces the dynamic range between low volume sounds and high volume sounds overall. But nothing is clipped.
When you take compression to extreme and start to take away the peaks, they will look the same. My understanding is that the time domain peaks will get cropped, so clipping do not happen at certain time and certain frequencies, this will depends on when the spl is high. Or am I wrong on this?

OP
daniboun

daniboun

Major Contributor
Hi amigos,

just to share. Here a picture of the Air Core inductors of next Allo TPA3255
The design will be different in its final version, without a doubt even

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Nah, I hate it because it makes my ear hurt, the constant spl is too high. The indsutry is moving in this way, they don't get panelized by compression, but gets more popular. So that is why I say it sounds better. Majority of people think it sounds better only because it is louder.

When you take compression to extreme and start to take away the peaks, they will look the same. My understanding is that the time domain peaks will get cropped, so clipping do not happen at certain time and certain frequencies, this will depends on when the spl is high. Or am I wrong on this?
It really sucks you dumped a Allo post into a Topping PA5 thread. Please start a new topic.

OP
daniboun

daniboun

Major Contributor
It really sucks you dumped a Allo post into a Topping PA5 thread. Please start a new topic.

I am in touch with Allo s founder for many months. Due to the Corona situation, the project is very late. I shared a few pages back the measures. I was supposed to get a sample of the unit since R&D is based partially Toulouse in France. But seems Allo got troubles with their new ultra low noise PSU.... I wish they could react soon fingers X ))))

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Walter

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi amigos,

just to share. Here a picture of the Air Core inductors of next Allo TPA3255
This info is welcome, just not in a topic about a competing product. It would make so much more sense just to make a new topic rather than continuing to pollute other topics. Then just put a single sentence ONE TIME in related topics like this one and the Allo Volt thread, with a link to the new one. Then post all further info only in that topic.

Top Bottom