• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Pro Plus - Review & Measurements (Streamer)

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
Renderings of the Ultra. (Touch) Display and (probably) headphone jack.

1713556429155.png

1713556558651.png

elmoe420

I'm glad other folks are stoked by this WiiM Ultra but it's just not my thing.

I hope WiiM will release a pure digital transport. No DAC, no ADC etc. but with a USB output.

Smitty2k1

Curious about the phono input. While I get that someone may want to hook a turntable up to this I'd also imagine that person already has a phono pre or a turntable with a built in phono pre

staticV3

Master Contributor
Curious about the phono input. While I get that someone may want to hook a turntable up to this I'd also imagine that person already has a phono pre or a turntable with a built in phono pre
WiiM wants to cover as many target groups as possible.

One of these is the Turntable->Traditional receiver->Stereo system group.

Those receivers almost always have a phono input, so giving the WiiM Ultra a Phono in as well was a smart choice IMO.

I wouldn’t assume that person even has a turntable yet, let alone a phono pre-amp. If you look at for example Reddit you’ll see a regular stream of advice requests from people putting together systems with a vinyl component from scratch. Given the current popularity, I think it’s a smart move on Wiim’s part — though would’ve been neat if there was a switch to select phono or line input (perhaps there is? I haven’t read up on it) for that set of RCAs.

Top Bottom