• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Pro Plus - Review & Measurements (Streamer)

56suited

Possibly a dumb question so please be graceful and patient with my rookie understanding...

If I pair a WiiM Pro Plus (using it for ADC from a phono stage, DAC, and streaming) with Adam Audio active monitors...do I have to manually control volume on the backs of the speakers, or can I control volume through the WiiM Pro Plus?

Joffy1780

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Possibly a dumb question so please be graceful and patient with my rookie understanding...

If I pair a WiiM Pro Plus (using it for ADC from a phono stage, DAC, and streaming) with Adam Audio active monitors...do I have to manually control volume on the backs of the speakers, or can I control volume through the WiiM Pro Plus?
You can control volume through the Pro plus.

Joffy1780

Joffy1780

Ciobi69

Sorry i got a question i got an avr with Dirac live and the bluos streamer integrated, having this could improve the overall quality? I shouldnt be capable using the internal dac of the Wiim if i use my avr in theory soo i could t get any improvement i know that my avr measurements are bad as i got a nad 758 but with Dirac it sounds better

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
having this could improve the overall quality?
No, the only reason for getting the wiim is if it offers services you need that are not available on the blueos system in your avr.

staticV3

Master Contributor
Sorry i got a question i got an avr with Dirac live and the bluos streamer integrated, having this could improve the overall quality?
I don't think it can.

The built-in streamer should output the exact same data that the WiiM would.

And the WiiM's DAC is pointless as well since you'd use the AVR's own DAC to make use of Dirac.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
i know that my avr measurements are bad as i got a nad 758
I've just read the review. They are not great, but if you don't run at full volume, they are not unbearably bad. Good enough to sound fine in real world listening. Probably still transparent for most people.

Leo_Torres

Forum Donor
Sorry if this question has already been asked (I haven't found it in the thread)
If I use the Wiim pro plus as a preamp, connecting it to a power amplifier via rca, will it have an audible impact in sound quality?
Thanks in advance!

Leo_Torres

Forum Donor
Compared to an analogue pre-amplifier with a volume knob.
Apologies, I didn't express myself clearly

staticV3

Master Contributor
Compared to an analogue pre-amplifier with a volume knob.
Highly unlikely.

Though it depends on your amplifier gain, amplifier noise, speaker sensitivity, listening distance, and environmental noise.

If when sitting at your main listening position, you can plug the WiiM into and out of your Amp without hearing a difference in hiss out of your speakers, then a preamp between WiiM and Amp wouldn't make a difference.

Top Bottom