• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SMSL PS100 *$30.00* DAC (some limitations apply)

V.b.

It would be great if someone would measure it. Pair it with Fosi V3 and make a nice tv room combo with hdmi and Bluetooth.

th2j

I just bought one, if they ask for the coupon on the seller's page it is reduced by 50% I got $15 usd

I caught my attention that you can control the volume with the remote control, in optico you can not and I do not like to have a remote control for television and another for dac or amplifier, it is a product that I was waiting for

How do you get that price ?
It is 34$ in my cart
Thanks

So after a few days of normal use, it has failed to turn on twice. I needed to power cycle it or reconnect the hdmi cable for it to work again. So in the end, not perfect but good enough for the price.

V.b.

Can you power it from the tv usb port and have it turn on with the tv?

Can you power it from the tv usb port and have it turn on with the tv?
I tried that but for some reason my Nintendo Switch could not turn on the TV automatically when turned on. Once I used a phone charger to power it on continuously the Nintendo Switch could turn on the TV as normal. Will disconnect everything and try again later today.

cubanmetalguy

My PS100 worked fine for me for several days with a tricky Sony Bravia TV after I turned off "Power off HDMI devices with the TV". It worked flawlessly with 2 other older TVs.

PXL_20230928_224619523.jpg

How do you get that price ?
It is 34$ in my cart
Thanks
I have an unopened PS100 that I'm selling for $25 including shipping (if CONUS).

mlee

Hi,
I tried looking on the website but maybe a kind person here could answer a quick question. I need an SPDIF input that can be streamed to the computer via USB. I'd like to use the "Record" section in windows to "listen" to the SPDIF device. Does anyone know if the PS100 can do this?
Thanks,

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi,
I tried looking on the website but maybe a kind person here could answer a quick question. I need an SPDIF input that can be streamed to the computer via USB. I'd like to use the "Record" section in windows to "listen" to the SPDIF device. Does anyone know if the PS100 can do this?
Thanks,
No, the SPDIF input is only for output to the analogue.

You need something like this:

Note - this one will only capture 16 bit audio. Comments in the review section suggest they do one capable of 24 bit if you need that

If you want something more - then an audio interface with toslink input but you'll pay a lot more.

Last edited:

mlee

No, the SPDIF input is only for output to the analogue.

You need something like this:

Note - this one will only capture 16 bit audio. Comments in the review section suggest they do one capable of 24 bit if you need that

If you want something more - then an audio interface with toslink input but you'll pay a lot more.
ok thanks!!!

This might be a stupid thing to ask but can someone please confirm can I control the volume of my powered monitors via hdmi ARC from PS100?

I mean, does PS100 vary the output voltage if I connect it to my TV via HDMIarc and push vol down, for example, and does it turn itself on/off with the TV's remote when plugged in via HDMIarc?

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
This might be a stupid thing to ask but can someone please confirm can I control the volume of my powered monitors via hdmi ARC from PS100?

I mean, does PS100 vary the output voltage if I connect it to my TV via HDMIarc and push vol down, for example, and does it turn itself on/off with the TV's remote when plugged in via HDMIarc?
ARC works as it should be, volume control works.
It doesn’t support CEC, so no auto power on/off.

Ibsen

Have anyone managed to “extract” audio from the HDMI? ( without the tv in the chain)
I tried so connect a firestick to the SMSL PS100 through the HDMI port and cast from spotify to the Fire stick. No sound at all.
I switched to BT and works fine. Back to HDMI and again, no sound.
So there is something going on in their path fire stick—> SMSL PS100.
Any ideas?
Thanks

The HDMI “input” is only for ARC, so you cannot connect an HDMI source directly to this DAC. You could try an HDMI to optical adapter and use optical to feed into the PS100.

Overseas

Major Contributor
I surely need this gadget for TV, cheap DAcs with HDMI ARC are quite rare.

Top Bottom